This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rhodes chapter.

“Dream Big”

“May all your dreams become a reality”

These are some of the various statements that have made you the individuals that you are

Well,

Your wish is my command…

Every dream you have ever conceived will be made into a reality…

You want that nice house, career, car and much much more

You got it but don’t forget to let the shoe drop

Not only will you get what you most wanted but what you oh so don’t desire as well

From the most naïve to the gut wrenching, your dreams will be reenacted and presented to you in a merry bliss

You always want what you can’t have

Since the dawn of time

I have heard it all

You plead and plead but what about those dreams you never fathomed could be possible…

Nothing hurts someone more than having their inner demons have a round at them

Every crevice every inch of your mind is being put out there for everyone to pry open and judge

Your own personalized manifestation on Earth of your ring from hell 

When you think about it, it’s great to dream. Dream big, but don’t complain when things could be different

Love yourself and those around you

You think you got it bad just think about everyone who has had to go through diseases, wars and they are still living. 

But, also wouldn’t it be much more fun if I just made things how I described

Oh how funny that may be.

Bitia Alanis

Rhodes '22

Bitia Alanis is a student at Rhodes College. She enjoys surfing the web, writing, reading, Netflix and allowing a space for people to connect and enjoy the many qualities of life. She's empathetic and always strives to make herself the best she can be.
Olivia is a Creative Writing major at Rhodes College. She is a twice published novelist, and has had work featured in Fresh U, GrrlPunch Magazine, and The Bridge Street Paper (Memphis, TN).