Tips and Tricks to Get Back in the Semester Groove

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rhodes chapter.

The start of the semester is possibly one of the most stressful times of the year. After that long winter break, it’s pretty easy to fall out of the groove of school. Here are some of my favorite tips and tricks to help you survive the start of the semester :)

Write out Your Assignments:

Syllabus week has unfortunately come to a close, but that doesn’t mean you should just throw them to the side. Get a planner and write out when your assignments are due. Staying on top of your organization from day one will save you a lot of time and trouble throughout the semester.

Pick up Something New or Continue with Something from Last Semester: 

Get involved on campus. Join a new club or continue with something you did last semester. This gives you such a great opportunity to make new friends and be apart of something outside of studying. Who knows maybe you’ll find something you’re really passionate about!

Make YOU Time 

Take time for yourself. Do whatever you need to relax, whether it is reading a good book or going to the gym. Find time to make yourself the priority. Life gets overwhelming, so don’t be afraid to have that quiet night in if that’s what you need.

Call Your Family

Make sure to call home every once in awhile, even if you aren’t homesick. Sometimes hearing how loved and supported you are can turn any gray day around. Also sometimes you can see your dogs, which is always a plus!

Work Hard, Play Hard

HAVE FUN!!!! Hang out with friends, go to that party, make memories. Your college years can be the best years of your life… GO OUT THERE AND LIVE THEM :)

Reid Brown

Rhodes '22

I'm from Vermont which means I can talk about snow, maple syrup, and how great Canada is all day:)