This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rhodes chapter.

For those of you not familiar with Studio 54, it was a hot-spot nightclub in New York City in the late 70’s. Studio 54 generated many style icons in the 70’s, and became an iconic 70’s fashion image; an image largely associated sequins, lurex, gold, and flared pants. In the past couple of years, the 70’s has come back in fashion in a big way. Here’s a few ways that you can rock a 70’s-inspired look today, in 2016!

Flared pants, inspired by bellbottoms, have become more and more popular in recent years. The super-flare is my personal favorite, and very flattering for those of us who are shorter, or have an hourglass frame.

Pair these black flares with some booties for a perfect winter outfit, or these jean flares for a more classic look.

Studio 54 embraced over-the-top luxury, and all things that sparkled. Mary Kate Olsen wore this cute sparkly dress with her hair pinned back on both sides for a 70’s-inspired going out look.

As of late, suede and fringe, both 70’s textiles, have been all over popular stores and fashion magazines. Here are some super cute skirts and dresses that showcase this bohemian trend:

And now you know how to rock your favorite 70’s styles with a modern twist! 

Hi! I'm Nathalie Vacheron, a senior at Rhodes hailing from Germantown, Tennessee. I love to write, I love to edit, and I'm in love with the voice Her Campus gives to women across college campuses. In addition to Her Campus, I'm involved in my sorority, Tri Delta, work in the Counseling/Health Center, am a First Year mentor, and love to run when I can. I'm a Business & Commerce major concentrating in management with a minor in Psychology. I hope to go into health administration, community health, or work for a non-profit (and write a book somewhere in-between...) xoxo