Shape-Up Rhodes: Spring Aerobics Classes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rhodes chapter.
Are you bored of the same old workout routine? Are you looking for some motivation?
Look no further. The Rhodes College Athletic Department offers free aerobics classes to students and faculty. You do not have to be registered for aerobics to attend (all are welcome) but you must be registered in order to earn PE credit for your participation. 

All instructors are CPR/AED certified and hold group exercise certifications through the American Fitness and Aerobics Association, or through their specific course program.  This year, they are even offering a few classes that will get you out of bed over the weekend!

AAA (Arms, Abs, A**)
Instructor: Calli
An hour-long muscle building class which incorporates both body weight and free weight exercises, along with step aerobics to tone up trouble zones.

Aerobics
Instructor: Marrissa
“My aerobics class is a combination of fun filled high intensity exercises. Working out should be enjoyable and that’s what I aim to accomplish.”

Boot Camp
Instructor: Annie (Me!)
This is the ultimate cardio and strength training combination class designed to tone you up from head to toe and get your body moving. Each class begins with “military-style” stations to get your heart rate up followed by circuit training combinations. These classes are for fitness newbies and workout junkies alike.

Cardio/Strength
Instructor: Calli
A structured workout with a 25 minute cardio session followed by exercises to define arms, legs, and abs.

Tone Up
Instructor: Nellie
“The ‘Tone Up’ classes focus on toning up the body by gaining strength through muscle building, while working on the body’s balance and flexibility. The purpose is not to make you look like a bodybuilder, but to turn you into a more fit, strong, and self-aware individual.”

Zumba
Instructor: Diana
“Zumba is an easy to follow, Latin-inspired dance fitness class. Come check it out and get ready to dance, sweat, and have a lot of fun!”

Schedule (January 16th-March 8th)
Monday
4:00 pm AAA (Arms, Abs, A**)

8:30 pm Aerobics
Tuesday
6:00 pm Zumba

8:30 pm Aerobics
Wednesday
11:00 am Tone Up

3:00 pm Boot Camp
7:00 pm Cardio/Strength
Thursday
4:30 pm Zumba

7:30 pm Cardio/Strength
Saturday
11:00 am Tone Up
Sunday
7:00 pm Aerobics
All aerobics classes are 1 hour long and take place in the upstairs aerobics room on the 2nd floor of the BCLC, adjacent to the racquetball courts.
Questions? Contact Joe Vari: varij@rhodes.eduex. 3150.

Chelsea is a junior at Rhodes College, class of 2012, majoring in English and minoring in both Chinese & International Studies. She plans to pursue a career in print or broadcast journalism. Her involvement on campus ranges from serving as co-captain of the varsity field hockey team, to being a member of the Delta Delta Delta sorority, to writing sports & fashion articles for Rhodes' media outlets. Chelsea has interned at CBS Channel 4 News Boston in the sports room, as well as other companies where she enjoyed internships in event-planning, marketing, fashion, jewelry design, and human rights. Aside from work and school, Chelsea enjoys running, music, singing, and shopping online.