Shape-Up Rhodes: Late Night Snacking Solutions

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rhodes chapter.

We can all admit to unhealthy late night snacking at some point during our college years.  When you’re starving in the library and you have lost your focus, do not drive to Gibson’s for some delicious donuts (I know it’s tempting).  There are better snack options out there that will satisfy your hunger and leave you feeling guilt-free in the morning!

1. Celery with 1 tbsp peanut butter- approx 90 calories

2. Jello Sugar Free 60 Calorie Pudding (Try Mousse Temptations Dark Chocolate Decadence flavor)

3. Pop-Secret 100 Calorie Kettle Corn

4. Swiss Miss Diet Hot Chocolate (Made with water, add some sweetener)- 25 calories

5. Emerald Cocoa Roasted Almonds 100 calorie packs

6. Any kind of fresh fruit- Raspberries, blueberries, strawberries, etc.

7. ¾ cup of Kellogg’s Special K Chocolatey Delight- 120 calories

8. Snackables Twist Mozzarella & Cheddar Cheese Sticks- 60 calories

If you’re still hungry after one of these snacks, try sipping on some tea.  Try Yogi Green Tea Blueberry Slim Life.  It is a green tea that energizes and helps suppress appetite so that you can focus on your schoolwork and stop thinking about food late at night.  You can find it, along with other flavors of Yogi Tea at Target!

Chelsea is a junior at Rhodes College, class of 2012, majoring in English and minoring in both Chinese & International Studies. She plans to pursue a career in print or broadcast journalism. Her involvement on campus ranges from serving as co-captain of the varsity field hockey team, to being a member of the Delta Delta Delta sorority, to writing sports & fashion articles for Rhodes' media outlets. Chelsea has interned at CBS Channel 4 News Boston in the sports room, as well as other companies where she enjoyed internships in event-planning, marketing, fashion, jewelry design, and human rights. Aside from work and school, Chelsea enjoys running, music, singing, and shopping online.