Rhodes College Gallery: Ryan Rasmussen’s Fathom

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rhodes chapter.

Rhodes College’s very own sculpting professor has an exhibit in Clough-Hanson Gallery until October 14th. Professor Rasmussen’s works focus primarily in sculpture. In his lecture, he expressed his interest in deconstructing found objects and constructing them into something of his own creation.

His work invites viewers to interact and move about the piece while also including elements of science and engineering, as well as a small pinch of humor. There is so much intention put into how the pieces are arranged to fill the gallery. A short film informs viewers how the artist has interacted with the some of the pieces on display.

Whether they have time for a quick walkthrough or to play close attention to the exhibits, HerCampus highly encourages Rhodes Students to take a moment and view Professor Ryan’s work.

Hello there! My name is Betsy and I am so happy to join the Rhodes College Her Campus team. I am a member of Alpha Omicron Pi and a business major here at Rhodes. Have a great day, cuties!