Panhellenic Philanthropy Party!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rhodes chapter.

I hope everyone is super excited for the philanthropy events happening this weekend!  Here’s the lowdown on what’s going down:

Friday 6 PM – 9 PM: Chi Omega’s Casino Night benefitting Make-A-Wish!

Hardie Auditorium

Tickets are $10 in advance from a Chi O (in the Rat during lunch and the Middle Ground at night) and $15 at the door.  Tickets will also provide you with raffle tickets to play the games and bid on prize items. 

All proceeds from the event will benefit the Make-A-Wish Foundation, which grants the wishes of children with life-threatening illnesses. Every $8,000 raised grants a wish, so help our Chi O’s raise $8,00 to grant a wish!  The event will be held in Hardie Auditorium, Palmer Hall.

The event will include:

– Casino games (Blackjack, Texas Hold ‘Em, Roulette, Craps)

– Silent auction and raffle with prizes from local restaurants, the Brooks Museum, the zoo, Kendra Scott, Madewell, Signet Sealed, and more

– Photobooth

– Food

Saturday 10:30 AM – 1 PM: Alpha Omicron Pi’s Dodgeball Tournament benefitting Sisters for Soldiers!

BCLC Multisports Complex

Tickets are $3 per player, and there can be up to five players on each dodgeball team.  Tickets can be purchased ahead of time (in the Rat during lunch and the Middle Ground at night), in this Google Form (https://docs.google.com/forms/d/14e12YeqlIXzBGRzv9lqmOBvJlJWup8_9xWVjeLisYhw/viewform?edit_requested=true) or at the time of the event.

AOII’s dodgeball tournament raises money to fill care packages that are sent to soldiers overseas. We write letters and fill these packages with items that make the deployed men and women feel cared for and closer to home. We have sisters whose family members have been directly impacted by these care packages, and we really love getting the opportunity to raise funds for them in such a fun way!

Saturday: Chi Omega’s Give Back Day at Madewell

If you plan on shopping at Madewell this weekend, mentioning Chi O could get you twenty percent off your purchase along with the fifteen percent student discount.  A portion of the proceeds from those sales will go to Make-a-Wish!

Saturday 1:30 PM – 4:30 PM: Tri Delta and Sigma Nu’s Crawfish Luau benefitting St. Jude!

Sigma Nu House

$10 ticket for all you can eat crawfish and $20 for ticket and t-shirt (also comes

in tank top).  Wristbands can be bought from any Tri Delta!

Local bands V Slick and Pickles and the Governor will be performing!

Make sure you all show some pan love and attend all these wonderful events! Have a great Pan weekend!

Hi! I'm Sarah Johnson, and I am the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Rhodes! I am a senior at Rhodes from Little Rock, AR. I am a Music major, I am a Research and Writing Fellow in the Curb Institute and I sing in the Women's Chorus. In my spare time I like to sleep, eat various snack foods, and watch beauty bloggers on YouTube. My main area of expertise is fashion. My personal style is definitely on the hip side of things, and my pattern of choice is stripes. Thirfting is my number one passion, and I hope to never pay full price for an item of clothing until I can actually afford it. I’ve recently noticed that I almost exclusively wear neutrals, which I am trying to remedy with the purchase of color, but it’s not working very well for me. I hope you all enjoy the articles I write and remember to always be cute!