This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rhodes chapter.

By far the thing I have missed the most about life before quarantine was regularly going to Goodwill, Plato’s Closet, or any other thrift store with my friends. For us students it’s often the most affordable and sustainable option for clothes, not to mention how exciting it is to find unique pieces in between racks sometimes! 

As many of us are having to continue social distancing this Fall and Winter, here’s a list of some of the best online thrift stores and vintage boutiques the internet has to offer. Shopping can still be worthwhile and fun as we stay home and stay safe this year!

ASOS Marketplace

Considered the leading online platform for independent brands and vintage boutiques, ASOS Marketplace prides itself on representing over 800 different shops and labels. With everything ranging from vintage designer to modern creations, you’ll be able to find staples and unique pieces in any price range and style you’d like!

thredUP

Boasting being the biggest online consignment and thrift store, thredUP is known for being the most extensive and organized catalog of thrifted brand clothing with anything ranging from H&M to Gucci! They feature a really cool goody box function, where you can deposit a simple 10 dollars to get a box of surprise picks, getting to keep what you want and return whatever you don’t like. You may also even sell your own slightly used clothes to thredUP, as they outsource all of their inventory from the many users that use their platform.

Depop

Now I’m sure many might be familiar with this one, as it features a really convenient mobile app and the ability to become sellers on the website ourselves! Depop is definitely my favorite, as it’s simple to search up anything I’d like as well as upload pictures of my own clothes to sell on their super user-friendly interface! I’ve never failed to find what I’m looking for on Depop, so definitely give it a try if you haven’t already!

Some other websites I haven’t checked out myself but have heard rave reviews for have been Thrifted, Hood Hippie, and Goodwill’s very own online marketplace! I hope you’re all able to find stuff you like at any of these online thrift stores as you add new clothes or new pieces to your wardrobes this season! They would all definitely also be great starting places for those looking to revamp their styles and “aesthetic” for next year, so don’t be shy and give any one of these amazing websites a chance!

Hi! I'm Tina, and I'm a Rhodes College freshman from Franklin, Tennessee! I'm very passionate about social issues, music, and art. Some of my favorite things in life are the Pokémon series' videogames, reggaeton, and hanging out with my pet dogs!