This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rhodes chapter.

So, you want to find a good cup of coffee in Memphis, but you don’t know what vibe you are looking for? I have some recommendations to help you out next time you are trying to figure out where to chat with friends or crack open the textbooks. These are all amazing coffee shops that I have tried and loved! 

• Tamp and Tap, 122 Gayoso Ave, Memphis, TN 38103: Tamp and Tap is right in downtown Memphis. I love this place because it is quiet but has the best food and coffee. The options are endless, and the place is quite spacious, so there is plenty of room for you to spread your work out. I have tried their iced lattes and love them, but their hot drinks sound delicious as well. I recommend grabbing some friends and studying here ASAP. 
  • City & State, 2625 Broad Ave, Memphis, TN 38112: I have just recently found this gem this year and I am in love with this place. It has an adorable store attached to it with the cutest things. The inside is quite spacious as well, but the outside is amazing. They have great tables for work, and it is pet-friendly, as they have water bowls accessible for pets. It is a great place to do work especially because it is getting warmer outside. I tried one of their floral and fruity iced lattes and I absolutely loved it. I highly recommend this coffee shop and it is super close to Rhodes! 
  • Java Cabana, Cooper-Young’s Coffeehouse, 2170 Young Ave, Memphis, TN 38104: I am in love with Java Cabana for many reasons. The lavender latte is impeccable and the vibes here are fantastic. They have such great music playing and it is fairly quiet in there, which is great for getting work done. On certain days, they have live poetry and music which is fantastic. Overall, I highly recommend this awesome coffee shop in the Cooper-Young area. 
  • Comeback Coffee, 358 N Main St, Memphis, TN 38103: If you are looking for a shop with a ton of outdoor seating, check Comeback Coffee out! They have so many options in the sun and shade, and plenty of tables for the customers. They also have a great amount of seating indoors; the vibes here are quiet and calming. I personally love doing homework here either indoor or outdoor. They have great coffee to sip on while you do some homework. You definitely need to try this place out for your next study session. 
  • Otherlands, 641 Cooper St, Memphis, TN 38104: This one is some of my friends’ favorite places to go to for coffee. Otherlands is super spacious, as it has plenty of seating inside and outside. The patio outside is great for warmer days, and the inside is wonderful for colder days, or just to work on some homework. They have great coffee and a store inside! The vibes here are truly impeccable as they play great music every time I am there. They also have so many food and drink options, you can’t go wrong here. 
  • Café Eclectic, 603 N McLean Blvd, Memphis, TN 38107: As we all know, Café Eclectic is a Rhodes College staple for students. It is within walking distance of the campus, which I take advantage of multiple times a week. They have delicious food and great coffee. They have plenty of room to eat and study inside, but also tons of outdoor seating, which will be great for the warmer months. I think almost every Rhodes student has been here at least once I hope and if you haven’t yet, you really need to visit.  
  • French Truck Coffee, 1350 Concourse Ave #167, Memphis, TN 38104: A Crosstown Concourse must try! My freshman year roommate was obsessed with this place. It is a great place to grab a coffee and do some work at Crosstown. You can grab some coffee and walk around Crosstown or sit at their tables. They have plenty of tables set around the shop, but it is also a great location because you can take your coffee and explore the building. The coffee is splendid, and they have delicious pastries. I highly recommend trying next time you stop at Crosstown! 
Hi, I'm Sabrina and I'm from St. Louis, Missouri. I'm majoring in Political Science and International Studies.