This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rhodes chapter.

I think that everyone by now knows about how hard Texas was hit by this past week’s snowstorm. I thought it would be helpful to include a list of places that you can donate to, in order to help the people of Texas come back from this emergency. 

The American Fidelity Foundation and OurCalling teamed up with The Dallas Wings to raise money to help shelter people at the Dallas Convention Center.

The Salvation Army is accepting donations to help provide the necessities to those in Texas. 

The Other Ones Foundation is making kits for those experiencing homelessness right now. Also, to help those homeless right now, you can donate to Caritas of Austin

To help feed people, The Houston Food Bank, The North Texas Food Bank, The San Antonio Food Bank, and Feeding Texas are taking donations. 

It is important that people have emergency housing who need it, along with supplies for survival during this troubling time. You can help by donating to The Austin Disaster Relief Network. 

The homeless population of Texas is being hit very hard right now, so it is important that they are able to stay warm. Front Steps has organized a blanket drive in order to provide some comfort during the cold. 

If you would like to donate blood, The American Red Cross is looking for donations. 

Animals in Texas are not equipped for this kind of weather and are struggling too. You can donate to Austin Pets Alive to help supply the essentials during these freezing temperatures. 

Lastly, we are still in a pandemic and this emergency is not helping. To provide rapid COVID-19 tests, organizations in Dallas are donating money to help. These organizations include: OurCalling, The Stewpot, Union Gospel Mission, and Oak Lawn United Method Church. 

I hope this helps you find ways to donate to Texas! 

Hi, I'm Sabrina and I'm from St. Louis, Missouri. I'm majoring in Political Science and International Studies.