Family Weekend Restaurant Guide

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rhodes chapter.

Family Weekend starts tomorrow, and the best thing to do while your parents and other family are here is to take them to awesome Memphis restaurants on their dime! Here are some awesome suggestions of mid to high price restaurants that you wouldn’t go to without your parents to pay:

Majestic Grille

145 S Main Street

When I saw this photo of the Majestic Grille on the inside I was blown away by how beautiful it is! Their menu also looks incredible, with everything from pasta to burgers to steak to brunch! For future reference, they also do pre-theatre three-course dinner before Orpheum Theatre shows, which sounds so adorable!

Flight

39 S Main Street

This is THE expensive local restaurant in Memphis. I’ve heard about Flight since freshman year, about how expensive it is but also how good the food is. Flight serves tasting menus with each meat serving as a different “flight,” like the “salad flight” or the “tenderloin flight.” They also serve the different dishes in full-size entrée form, but it’s more fun to try more things! They also serve wine in flights and, in typical downtown Memphis fashion, they also serve Sunday brunch in flight form.

Charles Vergo’s Rendezvous BBQ

52 S 2nd Street

Amazing dry rub BBQ that is definitely priced for the quality of the foods. The barbeque place you can go that’s not Central. You can even order five pounds of shrimp in advance for you and your friends!!

Cheesecake Corner

113 GE Patterson Avenue

Without a doubt, Cheesecake Corner is the hippest dessert place you will ever go to. They have so many different flavors of cheesecake, as well as other desserts, quiche, and wine. It’s a cute spot for dessert or a snack to hold you over between meals.

Arcade Restaurant

540 S Main Street

Arcade is another Memphis restaurant staple that serves classic breakfast and lunch diner staples with the aesthetic of an awesome 1950s-style restaurant. They serve breakfast all day and they’re open till 10:00pm, so if you’re ever in the mood for some good, not super expensive food than hit up the Arcade!

The Beauty Shop Restaurant

966 Cooper Street

Our last restaurant is one of my favorites and one I usually frequent a few times a year with my mother. The Beauty Shop is definitely aptly named, with all of the details of an old style beauty shop kept intact, including the vintage hair-dryers. They have an excellent lunch menu of salads and sandwiches, but they are best known for their brunch, and you should definitely call ahead for a table if you’re planning on visiting on a weekend.

Hopefully one of these options sounds yummy enough for you to visit this weekend! I don’t know which one to pick from now!

image credits: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Hi! I'm Sarah Johnson, and I am the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Rhodes! I am a senior at Rhodes from Little Rock, AR. I am a Music major, I am a Research and Writing Fellow in the Curb Institute and I sing in the Women's Chorus. In my spare time I like to sleep, eat various snack foods, and watch beauty bloggers on YouTube. My main area of expertise is fashion. My personal style is definitely on the hip side of things, and my pattern of choice is stripes. Thirfting is my number one passion, and I hope to never pay full price for an item of clothing until I can actually afford it. I’ve recently noticed that I almost exclusively wear neutrals, which I am trying to remedy with the purchase of color, but it’s not working very well for me. I hope you all enjoy the articles I write and remember to always be cute!