Do’s and Don’ts: Beach Party Edition

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rhodes chapter.

Kicking off Rites of Spring weekend, the brothers of the Theta chapter of Pi Kappa Alpha will throw their annual Beach Party on Thursday March 30th  

Beach party is quite the experience. The Pikes COVER their entire porch and interior of the house with sand. It shore is a sight to see. The beach vibes will begin at 7pm with live performances. Senior member Nick Beachy- no pun intended- says “Pike is making waves with Beach Party again this year. The fun in the sand won’t stop until the end of Rites” 

Here are pointers to ensure smooth sailing:

Do Your Homework: If you are one of the few staggering into class on Friday morning, kudos to you! For the rest of us not planning on attending class, maybe do your work ahead of time. Turn it in before Friday to get credit even if you are not present.

Don’t Do Bare Feet: Some love the feeling of toes in the sand. Though as the party progresses, spilled drinks possibly broken glass will accumulate. If shoes will really make or break your ensemble, you can forgo foot ware. Whatever floats your boat.   

Do Dress Up: Relive your spring break by sporting your best Hawaiian shirt, swim cover up, floaties, sunglasses etc. So definitely dress up. You don’t want to look like a fish out of water. 

Don’t Rock the Boat: Typically there are fun games going on the porch like beer pong. Respect the house rules.

Do: Bring your Rhodes I.D. Campus Safety officers often are placed at the entrances of the porch to, you know, keep people safe. 

Don’t Flood the Porch with your Floatation Devices: Seems like just about everyone has those blow up swans, pizzas, donuts, etc. Take some instas with your inflatables before the party or off the porch.

You’re whalecome and we will sea you there! Want to write for Her Campus Rhodes next year? Email us at: nathalievacheron@hercampus.com *And as always abide by the Rhodes’ social and alcohol policy by being legal, responsible, healthy, and reflective of Rhodes community values. Try to avoid being drunk as a sailor.   

Emma Brislin MacCurdy is a senior writer at Rhodes College. She is graduating in the Spring with a bachelor's degree in Commerce and Business. Email with any questions, comments, or suggestions: maceb-17@rhodes.edu.
Hi! I'm Nathalie Vacheron, a senior at Rhodes hailing from Germantown, Tennessee. I love to write, I love to edit, and I'm in love with the voice Her Campus gives to women across college campuses. In addition to Her Campus, I'm involved in my sorority, Tri Delta, work in the Counseling/Health Center, am a First Year mentor, and love to run when I can. I'm a Business & Commerce major concentrating in management with a minor in Psychology. I hope to go into health administration, community health, or work for a non-profit (and write a book somewhere in-between...) xoxo