Campus Cutie (Special Halloween Edition!): Conor Byrne ’18

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rhodes chapter.

Name: Conor Byrne

Year: 2018

Hometown: Bethesda, MD

Campus Involvement: Intramural flag football, Intramural 3 on 3 basketball, Intramural 5 on 5 basketball

HCR: What’s your favorite Halloween memory from childhood? 

CB: Anytime a house left a whole bowl of candy on their doorstep that would get my blood pumping. 

HCR: Would you rather get a trick or a treat? 

CB: Depends on who’s giving it.

HCR: If you were a Halloween candy, what would you be and why?

CB: “Kit-kat because everyone wants to break off a piece.” – Grant Hechinger.

HCR: If I wanted to dress up as Conor Byrne for Halloween this year, what would I wear?

CB: Go to your local neighborhood Gap and tell them you know me. They’ll give you a discount.

HCR: Is there a place on campus you find particularly spooky? 

CB: Dee Birnbaum’s office. I always hear barking when I walk by there. And there are too many photos of dogs. Are they even her dogs?

HCR: How do you feel about scary movies?

CB: Only If I get to hold someone’s hand.

HCR: Describe your ideal Halloweekend. 

CB: Checking out a pumpkin patch, going through the corn maze, trading candy, and bonfires.

HCR: How would you rate your pumpkin carving abilities? 

CB: I’ve never been good at artsy stuff.

HCR: If you had to choose, would you rather be a vampire or a werewolf? 

CB: Werewolf. That’s badass.

HCR: And finally, I’m sure our readers are dying to know, are you currently crushing on anyone? 

CB: Miss Laverne, if you’re reading this…It’s always been you.

Mary Sanderson AKA Sary Manderson
Hi! I'm Nathalie Vacheron, a senior at Rhodes hailing from Germantown, Tennessee. I love to write, I love to edit, and I'm in love with the voice Her Campus gives to women across college campuses. In addition to Her Campus, I'm involved in my sorority, Tri Delta, work in the Counseling/Health Center, am a First Year mentor, and love to run when I can. I'm a Business & Commerce major concentrating in management with a minor in Psychology. I hope to go into health administration, community health, or work for a non-profit (and write a book somewhere in-between...) xoxo