This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rhodes chapter.

Sure, Germantown is a little drive from the Rhodes/midtown area, but is it THAT much of a price to pay for super cute, well-made, unique clothing? Personally I know that I have found myself in a nasty cycle of online shopping, particularly at Forever 21, and while there’s nothing wrong with Forever 21, sometimes you just need to invest in an awesome piece of clothing that’s not produced in mass quantities and may/may not fit you when they finally arrive. Shipping returns is not my dream and I’m sure it’s not yours either. Instead of wasting time and money on that, hit the road and drive 20-30 minutes to one of these chic shops in the Memphis suburb, Germantown:

1. Mozelle Boutique

9076 Poplar Pike #101

Germantown, TN 38138

What to expect: Affordable tops and bottoms, EXTREMELY affordable dresses and shoes. Yeah, the jeans are going to be $80-$100, but Mozelle’s dresses—casual and formal—are all in the $30-$60 price range.

2. Salon Dixie

7781 Farmington Blvd

Germantown, TN 38138

What to expect: Salon Dixie is exactly what it sounds like it could be—half boutique, half hair salon! Salon Dixie’s prices blow me away and I love their inventory. From jewelry to bralettes to distressed jeans, I’ve gotten it all here.

3. Indigo

Shops of Saddle Creek

7509 Poplar Avenue #102

Germantown, TN 38138

What to expect: Indigo is a little on the pricy side, but it screams class. Every item of clothing you invest in at Indigo you will love and wear forever. They also carry some Free People items—can’t go wrong with that.

4. Beautiful Soul Boutique

3133 Forest Hill Irene Rd #110

Germantown, TN 38138

What to expect: This boutique just opened and it gives me LIFE. From flowy bell bottom pants to floral shorts, I’ve gotten some of my most compliment-eliciting items of clothing here. Highly recommend you checking it out!

Photo credit:

http://www.trademarkproperty.com/under_development/saddle-creek/

http://www.10best.com/destinations/north-carolina/charlotte/shopping/sho…