The Best and Worst Of…Grammy’s Fashion

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rhodes chapter.

As expected, the 2016 Grammy’s delivered some major fashion moments, as well as some major fashion misses. There is no right or wrong opinion when it comes to fashion, so without further ado here’s my personal best and worst dressed of the 2016 Grammy’s:

My picks for best dressed:

Selena Gomez looks fire in this sequined blue gown, showing the right amount of skin for a sexy look that might have looked trashy on another star.

I was a big fan of country singer Kacey Musgraves ombré ballgown. I think the texture is really out-there (but in a good way), and keeping her hair and makeup simple was a great choice with this stand-out dress.

Model Bella Harris looked stunning in this Grecian-inspired mini-dress. I could have done without the head-piece, but Harris’ dress and shoes are too perfect for her to not make my best dressed list.

One of my favorite looks my Serayah McNeil, who looked beautiful in this matte mauve gown. I loved her choice of a dark lipstick to wear with her lighter dress.

And now for the worst-dressed: DISCLAIMER l think fashion is a creative outlet and everyone is entitled to wear whatever they want! I do like aspects of these looks and these stars are obviously risk takers!

I know this might not be a popular opinion, but I was not a fan of Taylor Swift’s outfit. Emma Stone totally wore a similar (and cuter) outfit to the MET Gala… I also absolutely hate Taylor’s hair like this; it looks like my hair when I was a toddler. Overall, I didn’t like the bandeau top (too skimpy) and the body-suit/skirt-thing just didn’t work for me.

Secondly, I want to talk about Demi Lovato’s outfit. I’m actually a super-fan of girls wearing suits to red-carpet events, but Lovato’s suit is just wrong in so many ways. I don’t understand the slit in the front, and the strange body jewelry isn’t helping this look.

Vanessa Lachey’s, wife of Nick Lachey, outfit confused me deeply (not in a good way). The length of her half-sheer dress was awkward, and her slick-backed bun only made the look worse.

And that’s all for the 2016 Grammy’s! Be on the lookout for my review of the Oscar’s fashion!

Hi! I'm Nathalie Vacheron, a senior at Rhodes hailing from Germantown, Tennessee. I love to write, I love to edit, and I'm in love with the voice Her Campus gives to women across college campuses. In addition to Her Campus, I'm involved in my sorority, Tri Delta, work in the Counseling/Health Center, am a First Year mentor, and love to run when I can. I'm a Business & Commerce major concentrating in management with a minor in Psychology. I hope to go into health administration, community health, or work for a non-profit (and write a book somewhere in-between...) xoxo