This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rhodes chapter.

It’s cuffing season ladies! I am here to give you five great ideas that are sure to spice up your next date night! 

Pumpkin Patches 

This is a necessity for fall dates. In Memphis, there are a few great places to check out:

• Agricenter (7777 Walnut Grove Rd, Memphis, TN 38120) www.agricenter.org They have pumpkins available from October 1 to October 31, so be sure to get out there soon! Their number is (901)756-6958, so make sure to call if you have any further questions! 
  • Jones Orchard (7170 Highway 51 N, Millington, TN 38053) www.jonesorchard.com Their hours are Mon-Sun, 8am-6pm. Their phone number is (901)873-3150, and they also have a Corn Maze, which is open every Thurs-Sun in October. 

Haunted Houses 

It’s spooky season, so of course I have to include some haunted houses for you and your boo (get it) to visit! Here are a few great places to check out: 

• Wicked Ways Haunted House (160 Cumberland St. Memphis, TN 38112) Their phone number is (901)515-6649 www.wickedwayshauntedhouse.com Prices vary for tickets, as well as hours. 
  • Hauntedweb of Horrors (2665 S Perkins Rd, Memphis, TN 38118) Their phone number is (901)870-7275 www.hauntedweb.com General Admission tickets start at $25. 

Movie Nights 

What’s better than cuddling up with your significant other and watching horror movies? Nothing. Here’s a list of movies you must watch this season: 

• Scream 
  • Scream 2
  • Scream 3
  • Cult of Chucky
  • Truth or Dare
  • Carrie(1976) 
  • Insidious
  • The Conjuring
  • Children of the Corn
  • A Quiet Place
  • Friday the 13th
  • The Evil Dead
  • The Shutter  
  • Hide and Seek 
  • Pulse 
  • And Dead Silence 
  • The Last Exorcism
  • Hush
  • The Sixth Sense
  • In The Tall Grass

Festivals

• Memphis Zoo, Zoo Boo (October 18-20, 25-27 & 31) Ticket prices vary. www.memphiszoo.org
  • Mempho Music Fest (October 19-20) Listening to music with your significant other sounds like a pretty fun time to me! Get out to Shelby Farms Park with this two-day lineup of music! www.memphofest.com
  • RiverArts Fest (October 26-27) South Main Arts District www.riverartsmemphis.com

Bake some treats!

Here’s a list of tasty treats to bake this season: 

• Pumpkin Pie 
  • Pumpkin Bread 
  • Pillsbury Ready to Bake! Halloween Cookies (thank me later) 
  • Nestle Toll House Halloween Chocolate Chip Cookies 
  • Caramel Apple Pie 
  • Pumpkin Crisp 
  • Apple Crumble 

Have fun with it! 

I hope these ideas help! 

Hi, I'm Sabrina and I'm from St. Louis, Missouri. I'm majoring in Political Science and International Studies.