14 Things to Do this Valentine’s Day Weekend That Don’t Require A Significant Other

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rhodes chapter.

You don’t need a candlelit dinner to celebrate Valentine’s Day.

1)      Get tickets to MONSTER JAM on February 12th. It’s a really cool show where cars do tricks (too bad WWE Smackdown was on February 2nd, am I right…).

2)      Go ice skating (it’s not even weird if you go alone).

3)      Vertical Butterfly offers a range of exotic fitness classes if you are trying to workout instead of eating all of the chocolate that your friends received from their admirers.

4)      Sign up for a painting class at Pinot’s Palette.

5)      …Or get some crayons and paper and make art for free.

6)      Facetime your dog.

7)      If you don’t have a dog to facetime, try fostering a dog that week so that you have a snuggle buddy.

8)      Go see the movie How To Be Single at your local movie theater (but tbh, I’d rather see Zoolander 2).

9)      Leave town and go camping so that you don’t have to see couples.

10)  Maybe even leave the country and climb Mt. Everest (definitely won’t see any couples up there).

11)  Go to Pont des Arts in Paris, France, and place a metal lock with your own name on it to show that you love yourself (the locks were taken down this summer, but this may start a trend where single people place locks on the bridge to prove that they love themselves and don’t need nobody).

12)  Write secret admirer notes to all of your friends so that they feel loved.

13)  50 Shades of Grey is on HBO-Go.

14)  Tinder. 

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2015/05/30/paris-removing-all-love-lo…