This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Regent chapter.

Last week, I wrote about 5 things that I’m thankful for and I will continue that theme up until the last week of November.

All week I’ve been thinking about what I am thankful for and I’ve struggled. Most people would probably think that if you have a lot to be thankful for then it shouldn’t be such a problem. For me that’s not true: I have so much to be thankful for that I don’t know what to choose. I finally narrowed it down for this week so here are the 5 things that I’m thankful for.

1. I’m thankful that doors of opportunity are finally opening for me. This week I’ve had some opportunities to speak with people who want to help me get to where I want to be. These people are helping me grow as an entrepreneur by showing me how to do some fun things that will be helpful in me being the entrepreneur and blogger that I desire to be.

2. I’m thankful for naps. I think every college student can attest to feeling this way. I usually am a person that doesn’t like following trends and naps are and will forever be a trending topic among people my age. Therefore, I usually don’t like to take naps and will fight it like a stubborn preschooler. But today after a long and busy work week, taking a nap with my two dogs lying beside me was heaven sent.

3. It’s my favorite season of the year because I get to look cute without trying. With that being said, I am thankful for sweaters, scarves, leggings and boots. I promise you that my fall and winter wardrobe looks way cuter and more fashionable than my summer and spring wardrobe. I’m all about being cute and comfortable.

4. I always have to share something deep and sentimental because that’s just the person I am. I’m thankful that I have things to be thankful for and that I have the mindset to be thankful for what I have. There are so many people who are less fortunate and don’t have the things that I have or the relationships that I’m blessed with. Also, there are people who have been blessed, but they still lack a mindset of thankfulness for what they do have. It’s important to be thankful because it keeps you grounded and grateful.

5. I’m thankful for the random memes that I see on social media and the ones that my friends send me. These beloved pictures with captions can just brighten your day because they can sometimes explain a situation better than you can. They help you to smile and laugh which is a wonderful thing because laughing is good for the soul.

Photo Credit

Hey loves! I am Marlena Davis and I am a business major at Regent University. Although I love business I love writing even more. I have been writing ever since I learned to spell. I mostly write poetry, songs and stories but I have developed a desire to write about almost anything that comes to mind or things that I feel matter. I hope you enjoy reading all the articles to come.