This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Regent chapter.

Time to pull out all those socks you don’t wear, Regent University! It’s that time of the year again when the coldness is creeping in, so we bundle up in blankets, hoodies and sweats.

Have you ever heard of SoulPancake and Kid President? They discovered that approximately 600,000 people live on the streets of the United States every night, so they started a sock drive for the month of October.

When donating clothes, I don’t think socks come to people’s mind. We always reach for the shirt or the sweater, but we don’t think about giving up a few pairs of extra socks. Maybe because they seem so miniscule. Truth is, socks are a necessity to the homeless community, so we will be collecting both old and new socks.

Hellen Keller once stated, “I cried because I had no shoes until I met a man who had no feet.” This is an accurate representation of those of us who are more fortunate. God forbid someone step on our new shoes and we go crazy! Whereas there are people who don’t even have socks to cover their feet.

Friends, please have a heart for the needy. There will be bins located in the lobbies of Foundation Hall and Constitution Hall, in the Chapel, and in the Student Center. The last day to donate will be October 21st. Our goal is to raise 250 pairs of socks, and we will be donating them to the Union Mission.

Throughout the month of October, there will be updates on the drive at the following link: www.hercampus.com/school/regent.

Happy donating, Royals!

Photo Credit: Her Campus Regent University

Hello there, beautiful people! My name is Monica and I am a freshman at Regent University, majoring in Psychology. As expressed through my HC articles, I have a passion for writing. I began my journey of creative writing during my freshman year of high school, and it's a hobby that really stuck with me. I have love for people, nature, and coffee! I hope you all find interest in what you read here. Love, Monica