Simmers Get to Help Create a New Stuff Pack for the Sims 4!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Regent chapter.

I am a Simmer.

I’ve owned almost every Sims game since the Sims 2 came out. Although I was a huge fan of the Sims 2 and 3, I have to admit that EA has really stepped up the gaming experience in the Sims 4 with more personality traits and customization for Sims than ever before, as well as more merchandise to buy!

They’ve expanded the Sims games to include the normal expansion packs and stuff packs, but there’s also game packs.

Even better, the Sim Gurus (a.k.a. the imaginative minds behind the Sims) have seriously been taking Simmers’ requests to heart.

When Simmers wanted pools, we got pools. When Simmers complained that there were not very many fun interactions and activities for children, the Kids Room Stuff Pack was born. When Simmers whined about how there was no toddler stage, we got toddlers in a free update in the beginning of 2017, along with a bunch of other cool toddler stuff.

The point is, the Sims community is heard, and it’s great to be a part of it!

The Sim Gurus have another surprise for simmers.

That surprise is that the Simming community gets to help create a new stuff pack for the Sims 4! The vote is still going on, too!

From April 3rd to April 6th, Simmers got to vote on the theme of the stuff pack. Unfortunately, I missed this voting window.

Simmers decided on the theme.

There were five themes to choose from, and I have theme listed here in order of the most votes to the least number of votes: Eco Living, Starter Home, Dangerous, Wedding, and Arcade.

That’s right, my fellow Simmers chose Eco Living for the pack.

From April 10th to April 12th, Simmers got to pick between two art styles for the pack, between a very modern style (Style A) and a homey style (Style B). I voted for Style B, because I like cluttery, lived-in homes for my sim families.

If you’re a Simmer and have yet to vote, there’s still plenty of voting to do! From May 18th to May 21st, Simmers get to vote on the types of objects and clothing they want included in the pack.

There’s already a thread posted in the discussion forum asking Simmers to post pictures and ideas of what they’d like included.

From June 23rd to June 26th, there will be a “feature vote” on what kind of gameplay features Simmers would like to see in the game.

In the later Fall, there are two more voting periods that have yet to be decided: the pack icon vote and the pack title vote. The pack icon vote will be a vote for Simmers to choose the icon that bests represents the pack. Finally, the pack title vote is a vote to decide which title best suits the pack.

Until then, Simmers will have to wait to see what the release date will be! I’m thinking sometime around Christmas.

If you’re a Sim-loving gal (or guy) like me, make sure your voice is heard.

Keep simming, my fellow Simmers (unless you have assignments to do and you probably shouldn’t procrastinate, but you can’t help it because…. SIMS!)!

Photo Credit: Jaclyn Cordero

Regent. Elementary Education Major. Junior Year. Twenty. Swedish. Candy Lover. Sweet-ish. God. Family. Friends.