freestocks 9rHgOVRdrDM unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
freestocks 9rHgOVRdrDM unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Regent chapter.

You thought he was the one, right? You prayed and cried about it. No matter what he put you through, God put you in his life for a reason, so you can’t just leave, can you? Yeah, maybe God did put that man in your life for a reason, and vice versa. But, were you following what God’s purpose for you in his life was, or were you taking matters into your own hands?

Ladies, I can tell you from firsthand experience. If you don’t listen to what God is telling you to do in your relationships, you might just hurt yourself. God places people in our lives to help us grow, whether they are a blessing or a lesson. Once we find out what our assignment is from God in a person’s life, we should stick to exactly that, nothing more, nothing less. Why is this so important? Sticking to the will of God in relationships will protect you from a lot of pain, heartache, and disappointment. When we do it our way, unexplainable things are bound to happen. So, if you know God is telling you he is not the one, let him go! Holding on will not do you any good. Maybe God is telling you this is the right person, wrong time. Let it go! He can change, but you do not have to wait for him to do it, sis. You are better than that! When God feels that it is time to place him into your life again, you will know.

As women of God, we should strive for nothing but the best. If a man cannot give us that, there is no need to keep him around. Easier said than done, right? However, through prayer, self-care, and self-love, you WILL heal, and you WILL find that strength again. Here are a few tips for letting go:

1. Pray: There is no better healing than Jesus. He can fill any void you may feel. Constant prayer for guidance and healing will help you get through anything.

2. Hang Out With Friends and Family: Friends and family can help distract you from missing that ex. They can give encouraging words, and help you remember that you still have people around that love you.

3. Practice Self-Care: Whatever you may do for self-care, whether its manis and pedis, shopping, attending church, facial masks, or listening to music, do it! Practicing self-care will allow you to relax yourself and take your mind off what you may be going through.

4. Self-Love: Find ways to encourage and uplift yourself, whether it is reading an uplifting book, looking in the mirror and stating positive affirmations, or simply taking care of yourself. DO something to boost that confidence and get back on your feet!

5. Acknowledge Your Feelings: It is okay to miss him. Do not go on trying to completely forget that person, because it takes away from the lesson God taught you. But also know that just because you miss him, does not mean you still want him. Or for those that this may be the right person wrong time situation, just because you miss him, does not mean you have to reach out to him. Remember, leave it in God’s hands and watch Him work in both of your lives. It will all come together!