This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Regent chapter.

It’s October. We’ve been in class for almost eight weeks and that means “Mid-Semester Slump”. This is the time of year where your “I’m getting all As” attitude turns into something not quite the same. It’s also a time where assignments pick up. You go from not having any assignments due to 10 papers, 6 tests, and 14 quizzes all due in the span of few weeks. Well here are some tips for fighting that mid-semester slump.

Here are a few tips to fight it:

1) Write out some of your goals for the rest of the semester. When I write out my goals it always motivates me to work harder. And it helps me refocus on what I want to accomplish.

2) Review your goals from the beginning of the semester. When I feel that slump coming I like to look back at the goals I wrote at the beginning of the semester. I like to see if I have completed them or at least how far I got into completing them.

3) Get reorganized. Make sure you are still using your planner and taking notes in all of your classes.  

4) Change your studying up. If you normally study in your room and now you just can’t focus, maybe move to the library. If you normally study at night and you find yourself falling asleep, maybe start studying in the morning or earlier in the afternoon.

5) Reach out to a friend. Tell your friend you’re struggling and have them hold you accountable.

6) Get some exercise in. In the past, I would laugh when people said that exercise makes you feel better. But now I get it. Go for a quick jog or whatever you fancy every day. It will help you get out of a slump and clear your mind.

These are some of the few things I do myself whenever I need to get out of that slump. In fact, these are practical tips that have helped me get through numerous slumps, not just this one. Always keep going and don’t ever give up. The best thing to do is remember why you are at school and refocus on your goals.

My name is Mallory Finch. I go Seton Hall and major in International Relations. I have an online jewelry store and run travel blog. I love pink, glitter, and sparkles. I also love helping people especially those who can not help themselves.
A senior English major at Regent University. Mostly just a word nerd who also happens to be in love with film and K-pop. Always in search of new experiences, food, and friends. Feel free to come say hi on Twitter or Instagram