HC Regent Editor-In-Chief: Lili Nizankiewicz

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Regent chapter.

Lili Nizankiewicz is the Editor-in-Chief and Co-Founder of HC at Regent! This week, she told us about life as an editor, her writing process and her favorite part of being on the Her Campus team.

Her Campus (HC): What’s your favorite part of being a Campus Correspondent for HC?

Lili Nizankiewicz (LN): I like the “behind the scenes” work that I’m responsible for. As Editor-in-Chief, I’m responsible for editing and scheduling articles. I love editing and giving writers helpful feedback and encouragement! I also enjoy the scheduling side because that appeals to my “type-A” personality. Most importantly, however, my favorite part about being a CC is that I am a part of cultivating a supportive writing group at Regent. I want HC Regent to be a safe place for writers to grow, learn and flourish!

HC: What’s your major?

LN: English, with an emphasis in Creative Writing.

HC: What’s your writing process like?

LN: It depends on what I’m writing or feeling. Sometimes, I can just sit down and write, and sometimes I have to plan and outline before I can start. It feels often like I’m writing garbage and nonsense, but when I go back and edit, I realize it’s not as bad as I first perceived it. The more I edit and revise my work, the more I like it. I always have a brief window of time where I am extremely proud of my work, and that’s usually when I publish/submit it. After it’s been out in the world for a while, I’ll start to cringe at the very thought of it, but usually by that time, I’m writing something else. In my opinion, writing is pointless if it’s no longer challenging or terrifying.

HC: Do you prefer to work ahead or procrastinate?

LN: I am a compulsive “pre-crastinator.” I work ridiculously ahead, and usually end up getting my assignments done a month in advance. I don’t think I could handle the stress of writing a paper last minute; the very thought makes me recoil in horror! 

HC: What advice would you give someone who wants to write for HC?

LN: Writing for HC is a great way to meet other writers, and it’s also a great opportunity to get your work out there in the world. HC at Regent is just starting out–who knows what we will be able to accomplish with our writing!