mink mingle AlEyuIKuSmc unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
mink mingle AlEyuIKuSmc unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

A Guide to Disney World’s Value Resorts: Part 1

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Regent chapter.

Before you read this, I must admit that I have never been to Disney World. While I have been to Disney Land numerous times, I am sure that it cannot compare to Disney World.

I dream of going to Disney World one day. I especially think it’d be a great honeymoon destination, so I figured that I might as well research all of the hotels ahead of time – when I don’t even have a boyfriend yet.  Am I right?

The point of staying at a Disney World resort is to have more time to explore the many parks Disney World has to offer. As of right now, four nights with admission to one of the parks is $350.00 per adult and $330.00 for children aged 4 to 9 years.

BUT, there is a limited time offer that allows one adult to visit all four parks (one per day) for four days for less than that – it’s only $316.00 for one adult and $296.00 for children ages 4 to 9! That offer is only good until July 30th of this year, though; but a girl can dream!

Disney World offers four different types of resorts: value, moderate, deluxe and deluxe villas. In this first Disney World resort guide, we will be focusing on the six value resorts, which range from $0 to $175 per night. Let’s get started:

1. Disney’s All-Star Movies Resort

Located in Disney’s Animal Kingdom® Resort Area, this resort is Disney movie themed and boasts “whimsical larger-than-life décor” from classic Disney movies.

This resort offers a variety of unique experiences, including Movies Under the Stars; the World Premiere Food Court (which looks like a grand movie theater lobby); and a Fantasia-themed pool, complete with a Mickey fountain. You’ll also find tall and majestic statues of classic Disney characters, such as Pongo from 101 Dalmatians.

Another fun feature is the optional In-Room Celebrations, which can be personalized with different treats, gifts and décor.

These In-Room Celebrations can be added on to any resort.

Count me in!

2. Disney’s All-Star Music Resort:

Also located in Disney’s Animal Kingdom® Resort Area, this resort is just as it sounds.

This resort was built for music lovers and honors all genres of music.

The entrance is even shaped like a juke-box!

How cool is that?

This resort features a guitar-shaped heated pool, a piano pool (a grand-piano shaped watering hole), the Singing Spirits pool bar, Intermission (an “art-deco themed food court”), family suites for parties of up to six,  an arcade, Music Under the Stars, a jogging trail and a playground.

This jazzy resort is sure to make your heart sing!

3. Disney’s All-Star Sports Resort

This resort is also located in Disney’s Animal Kingdom® Resort Area. This resort pays homage to all types of sports and features décor of characters in sporty gear. As with the other 2 resorts, this resort offers Movies Under the Stars. It also boasts a giant pool with surfboards surrounding it, as well as a kiddie pool and the Grand Slam pool, which is shaped like a baseball diamond with a Goofy fountain that squirts water at guests. This Sports Resort also has a food court called End Zone, which has “fan-favorite” foods and sporty entertainment and décor. Don’t strike out this resort if you’re a sports fan!

4. Disney’s Art of Animation Resort

Located in the Wide World of Sports Area, The Art of Animation Resort celebrates “the artistry, enchantment and magic of Walt Disney and Disney-Pixar movies.”

Guests get to immerse themselves in the landscapes of beloved Disney-Pixar movies such as Finding Nemo, The Lion King, The Little Mermaid and Cars.

This hotel has a lot to take in, including a lobby with some of the first sketches of these movies, themed family suites inspired by the previously mentioned Disney movie favorites (check out those pictures!), the Landscape of Flavor restaurant that features five different food shops, and (last but not least) the largest resort pool out of all of Disney’s World’s resorts!

This resort also offers various recreational activities, including Movie Under the Stars, a jogging trail, bike rentals, surrey bike rentals, the Righteous Reef playground, Pixel Play Arcade, and fishing.

All of these features combined makes this resort my favorite by far!

The difficult part is choosing which themed room to stay in.

5. Disney’s Pop Century Resort

This resort is located in the Wide World of Sports Resort Area.

The resort is a celebration of the “fads” seen from through the 1950’s to the 1990’s.

It’s like a time machine.

Each section of the resort is themed to a different decade.

The Classic Hall features a timeline wall of photos from the 50’s through the 60’s. This resort has a total of three pools: a  1960’s “Hippy Dippy” pool with water jets, a 1950’s Bowling Pool, and a 1990’s Computer Pool.

This resort also contains a restaurant and shop called “Everything POP Shopping & Dining with a total of seven different food counters.

If you like living in the past, or if you’re a history buff, you’re sure to love Disney’s Pop Century Resort!

6. The Campsites at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort

Located in the Magic Kingdom Resort Area, this resort is like no other.

It allows guests to literally sleep under the stars in the great outdoors.

The resort is built on 750 acres of pine and cypress forest. Deer, rabbits, ducks and armadillos freely roam the land.

This resort offers fully-equipped campsites, a pool with a waterslide, a pet-friendly policy and unique recreational activities.

Horseback riding, archery, canoeing and hiking the “charming woodland trails” are just a few recreational activities that are unique to this resort.

This resort offers various dining options, too, including casual dining, quick service, dinner shows and lounges.

If you need a breath of fresh air, this is the resort for you!

This list alone shows that you don’t need to break the bank to stay at Disney World for a while.

These value-priced resorts are affordable (depending on how long you stay) and still quite luxurious!

I wish I had the time – and money – to stay at all of these resorts at some point in time.

Anyway, start planning your summer vacation to Disney World if you haven’t already; and be sure to look out for Part Two of the Disney World Resort Guide – coming soon!

Cover Photo Credit

All other photo credit is cited in order of appearance: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12.

Regent. Elementary Education Major. Junior Year. Twenty. Swedish. Candy Lover. Sweet-ish. God. Family. Friends.