This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Regent chapter.

We are often told that our college years are the best years of our life. We are young, our brains are sharp and physically we should be at our peak. Many times while we are in these peak years, however, we feel at our worst. Those of us in college live with daily stress, lack of sleep and not enough time in a day to get everything done. There are very real deadlines with very real consequences if we miss those deadlines. We are forced to go to lectures at specific days and times, which we cannot schedule ourselves – as the scheduling is done by advisors – to best fit our personalities (no 8 A.M.’s for this girl!). In the midst of our hectic, stress-filled, but best years of our lives, it is important to find peace within the storm.

In the Bible we are told many times to “be still” (Psalm 46:10) and to not be afraid, for we have been given peace by God (John 14:27). God knows that, as humans, we tend to get caught up in stress and worry about life. However, we are supposed to give God our worries and our burdens. When we release those things to Him, we can and will experience true internal peace amidst the stormy waters of life.

Our college years are full of firsts; oftentimes these are the years we are all trying to learn how to “adult.” We are responsible for going to classes and turning in homework on time; making sure we have food, clean clothes and a myriad of other overwhelming things that get dropped on us. Some will decide to snap and take to partying and drinking, essentially throwing away their God-given talents and potential.

So when you feel on the brink of utter exhaustion, collapse, or defeat, just STOP. Take a moment and give your burdens to God. He will gladly bear our worries for us, and give us peace and the ability to get through life’s struggles. It is up to us to take the first step and turn to God. We have the greatest Helper on our side, a God who love us and wants the best for us. Enjoy these years, because afterward we will be tasked with more than just school. Life only gets busier from here on out – so take time to enjoy the here and now.

Photo Credt: https://www.pexels.com/photo/book-novel-bible-god-24165/

"Suffering passes, while love is eternal. That's a gift that you have received from God. Don't waste it.” - Laura Ingalls Wilder Ever since I can remember, I have always loved reading which eventually turned into a passion for creative writing. Although to date I have never been officially published, my goal is that one day I will be. My hope is that my writing will inspire, motivate, guide, and entertain readers. Even if my work touches only one person, I will feel content.  I love watching movies, traveling, hanging out with family and friends, and I am a major hockey fan (go Flyers!). Currently I am a college student, and by the grace of God will one day graduate. I love all things Lord of the Rings and Disney, love coffee and ice cream (or coffee ice cream), and going on adventures.