Being Single on Valentine’s Day In 10 Rom-Com Gifs

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Regent chapter.

I just came back from seeing Isn’t It Romantic, the new not- rom-com rom-com starring Rebel Wilson, Adam Devine, Liam Hemsworth, and Priyanka Chopra. Some of the other girls in our Her Campus chapter came along and we had a fun girls night. The movie was a ton of fun and I highly recommend it to both lovers and haters of the genre! So, in honor of that, here is a re-cap of this Valentine’s Day in rom-com gifs from your resident single gal. Enjoy!

1. Waking up and realizing it’s February 14th

Image credit

2. When you hear all your friends in committed relationships gushing over their Valentines

Image credit

3. When you decide to just suck it up and try to go to a restaurant to treat yourself, but then people look at you weird as you sit there alone

Image credit

4. When you get a message from your mom and at the end she asks why you’re still single this Valentine’s

Image credit

5. When your friends in relationships try to set you up on blind dates or double dates without you even knowing

Image credit

6. When your single friend that you thought you could hang out and commiserate with on Valentine’s suddenly starts a relationship 

Image credit

7. But you’re still so happy for all your friends who have someone to be sappy with

Image credit

8. When you finally manage to forget what day it is but then some simple reminds you of just how single you are

Image credit

9. When you decided to just give up on romance this year and go dance with your friends

Image credit

10. When you realize it’s all ok and a cliche celebration of romantic love isn’t really that important anyway (and there’s always next year)

Image credit

A senior English major at Regent University. Mostly just a word nerd who also happens to be in love with film and K-pop. Always in search of new experiences, food, and friends. Feel free to come say hi on Twitter or Instagram