This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Regent chapter.

Hey everyone! So, Christmas is right around the corner. Literally in a few days, but we are all broke or poor (thank you, student loans). So here are some Christmas presents that do not cost much and can be made with things you can find at your house. Regardless of the outcome, remember the most important thing is to have fun, and be creative!

Leaf With Word/Design and Framed

This one is simple. Get a leaf you like, or a leaf the person likes. Get/find a sharpie. Pick a side you want to draw on. And put a design that makes you think of the other person. Could be a word or poem, get creative! There are many different sharpie sizes, and colors. But keep in mind black sharpies, or metallic sharpies might work the best for this. And when your done put it in frame of your choice. If you do not have one, you can get a cheap one from a dollar store.

Hot-cocoa Mix Mason Jar

Okay, so there are two different ways you can make this. You can buy someone’s favorite hot cocoa, mix put it in a jar (or maybe a mug), and then decorate the container its in with ribbon or glitter. You could also put a note telling them how much they mean to you.

The other way is to find a hot cocoa recipe, and put all the dry ingredients together in a mason jar. Decorate the jar to how you see fit with ribbon, glitter or even paint. And be sure on either the jar’s glass, or lid to put the recipes directions on how to prepare it when they want it. Not only is this a gift for the time being, but now they’ll have a hot chocolate recipe that they are sure to like, and any time they make it they will think of you.

Framed Collage

If you have any past cards you can frame them, and put designs around them by overlaying the card with pieces of paper, or by writing on the glass of the frame. In the center of it could be poems, or quotes for the gift receiver, or both if you like. You could even put favorite photos of you and the person receiving the gift! You could also put quotes, or images that they like. If they have a favorite poem, put the poem in the center with pictures around it that tie in to things about the poem or your relationship. Keep to a theme or color palette you think is nice. You could make a collage that’s just all about them, and what you like about them. Remember, the best thing about the holiday season is the time you get to spend with the ones you love.

Hey! Im 22, an artist, and aspiring Graphic Designer. I love God, my family, people, plants, and art. And I hope to make a difference with anything that's posted on here. Im also a major nerd. Check out my social media: https://www.instagram.com/rebecca_strobele_art/ , https://grey-deer.tumblr.com/ -Rebecca M. Strobele