etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

3 Ways To Get Ready For The New Semester Over Christmas Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Regent chapter.

Although the next semester might be the last thing some of us are thinking about as finals week draws to a close, it’s definitely worth taking the time to prepare for the next semester over fall break! Here are 3 things you can do to get ahead of your classes before they even start:

1. Read through the syllabus for each class

You don’t necessarily have to start on projects and papers now, but if you see when everything is due, it’ll be easier to plan for busy weeks in the semester when you suddenly have every class demanding a ridiculous amount of time.

2. Start healthy habits now

Want to be healthier in the new year? Start now by getting into habits you’d like to keep over the semester, such as going to bed earlier or eating more vegetables. Routines are easier to start when you’re not trying to adjust to a new class load, so start that exercise class in December instead of waiting till you have homework to do as well.

3. De-clutter your electronics

It’s easy to think about de-cluttering rooms and desk drawers, but have you ever considered doing the same thing with your phone and computer? Not only will weeding through those old files, photos and emails save you time during the rest of the semester, it might also help your devices run faster (not to mention all the space you’ll save on your hard drive!).