10 Ways to Hate on Valentine’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Regent chapter.

DISCLAIMER: This is a satire article. Her Campus at Regent is not liable for any consequences you may receive for doing any of these ridiculous ideas. Good luck and have a crappy Valentine’s Day!

1. Buy the last box of chocolate or bouquet of flowers from your local store and burn it.

2. Read the events of the St. Valentine’s Day Massacre in FULL DETAIL

3. Give out heart-shaped boxes, but eat or throw away all the chocolate. (Bonus points if you replace the chocolate with something inedible, like rocks or charcoal). 

4. During someone’s wedding proposal, swoop in between the couple and “procure” the engagement ring.

5. If you catch anyone singing “Grenade” (or any other Bruno Mars love song), toss a pin-less grenade at them to test their word.

6. Watch a romantic comedy with your significant other, but skip through the romantic scenes

7. Get a box of chocolate and a bouquet of flowers. Ask a lonely person “Will you be my valentine?” After they say yes, reply “Thanks for the practice!”

8. Wake up your beloved partner with a kiss, whilst wearing a scary mask. (Bonus points for scary CLOWN masks)

9. Ask someone on a date, then bring your significant other to meet your date

10. Do absolutely NOTHING! (Writer’s Choice) 

Image Credit: Cover, 1.