Prepping for Spring Recruitment

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ramapo chapter.

Let’s be honest – I’m sure most of us have, at some point, sat in our dorm rooms and agonized over why we were just ­so bored. This is only one of the many reasons why women at Ramapo choose to go through the craziness of formal recruitment every spring.

Joining a sorority means you’re getting involved in an organization that goes back for decades, so you instantly become connected to women of all ages across the country. These organizations offer loving and supportive relationships that will last for the rest of your life, along with philanthropy and community service activities, bonding nights, and sisters all over campus to hang out with…so basically, you’ll never be bored again!

This year’s formal recruitment theme is “Keep Calm and Go Greek,” and all potential new members will have the opportunity to meet the lovely ladies from all five sororities: Alpha Omicron Pi, Delta Phi Epsilon, Sigma Delta Tau, Sigma Sigma Sigma, and Theta Phi Alpha. The recruitment process begins on Wednesday, Feb. 5 at 9 p.m. in Friends Hall with the “New Member Orientation.” Friday, Saturday, and Sunday are the days when potential new members will attend parties for each sorority, and narrow down their choices until they receive their bids, telling them which sisterhood they will be joining, on Monday. If you haven’t already signed up for recruitment, you can do so here!

It’s easy to let your nerves get the best of you during this busy weekend, but just remember this is a time to have fun and branch out. Cherish the memories you make during recruitment, because this may just be the start of your journey with a campus full of new sisters!

Hey Guys!! My name is Elina and I'm the Co-Founder and Editor-in-Chief of the Ramapo Chapter here at Her Campus :)Right now, I'm a senior studying journalism at Ramapo College. My dream is to work in the field of entertainment news-- either through broadcasting or magazine journalism. Right now, I'm interning at Elvis Duran and the Morning Show and I am obsessed!!! I can only hope to continue on this road, and until then I'll be doing whatever I can to make that possible. Though I'm only a half-hour from school, I live on campus and wouldn't have it any other way. If I need some fam-time I'm close enough of a drive where it's not a hassle, and far enough where I have my space. I live with pledge sisters-- I'm a member of Sigma Delta Tau here at Ramapo. These girls are my LIFE!I hope you have as much fun reading our Her Campus chapter as we've had making it possible each week. HAPPY READING!! XOXOXFollow me for more:Twitter: @ElinaTarkInstagram: @Ella__XO (two underscores)