Must-see musical: If/Then starring Idina Menzel

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ramapo chapter.

If you’re looking to get off campus this semester and enjoy some live entertainment, New York City is the place to be! On March 5, a brand new play took to the streets of Broadway, just in time for us to enjoy before the semester ends. 

If/Then, starring Idina Menzel (yes Frozen-lovers, our dream come true!), follows Elizabeth, a woman rebuilding her life in New York City who discovers a world of infinite possibilities. The play showcased parallel lives Menzel’s character could be leading, but in the end, no matter which path Elizabeth chose to take, the moral of the story was that things always work out regardless of how they may seem. Very inspirational, trust me!

If/Then also stars Anthony Rapp, most famous for his role as Mark in Rent, James Snyder, known for his role as Malcolm in She’s The Man, and LaChanze, who is known for her role in The Color Purple.

For all you Next to Normal fans, the musical was crafted by Tom Kitt and Brian Yorkey, the creators of the Tony Award-winning show.

The cast’s opening number, Here I Go, seemed to have everyone in the audience on their feet from the very beginning. Throughout the show, Menzel gave an unforgettable performance and reconnected a spark with her previous Rent co-star, Anthony Rapp.

Together, the cast was the perfect fit, leaving me loving each character more than the next. With tons of laughter, crying, and nonstop applause, If/Then is everything I had hoped to see, and I totally recommend it for any of you looking to have a special night away from campus.

Luckily, our school offers shuttles that can be taken off campus to the Ramsey Route 17 Station, leading you right to Port Authority.

So grab your friends, book a date, and plan a day in the City this spring for some new music and memories you won’t forget!

Hey Guys!! My name is Elina and I'm the Co-Founder and Editor-in-Chief of the Ramapo Chapter here at Her Campus :)Right now, I'm a senior studying journalism at Ramapo College. My dream is to work in the field of entertainment news-- either through broadcasting or magazine journalism. Right now, I'm interning at Elvis Duran and the Morning Show and I am obsessed!!! I can only hope to continue on this road, and until then I'll be doing whatever I can to make that possible. Though I'm only a half-hour from school, I live on campus and wouldn't have it any other way. If I need some fam-time I'm close enough of a drive where it's not a hassle, and far enough where I have my space. I live with pledge sisters-- I'm a member of Sigma Delta Tau here at Ramapo. These girls are my LIFE!I hope you have as much fun reading our Her Campus chapter as we've had making it possible each week. HAPPY READING!! XOXOXFollow me for more:Twitter: @ElinaTarkInstagram: @Ella__XO (two underscores)