How to Survive Without A Meal Plan

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ramapo chapter.

With the semester more than halfway over, so are our flex dollars. Here are some ways to survive without a meal plan:

Whether it’s through a club or residence life event, you can always find a spot that has some free food to curb your hunger

If you’re looking for more variety, Ramapo students get discounts at local restaurants when they show a valid school ID. Check out the restaurants here

You can also teach yourself how to cook! Grab a cookbook or look up recipes online. Lets try not to burn the place down…

Each residence hall has a kitchen for resident use. Or, you could get close to your pals with personal kitchens in the Village or CPAs.

Be on the lookout for e-mails from different clubs, organizations, or even your RA. Most Ramapo events have free food, which usually includes one of our favs…PIZZA!

Rather than cooking daily, make weekly meals. This will save you a lot of time and money!

Make friends with people who live close to school. You’re guaranteed a home cooked meal.

Seriously though, I love free pizza. Check out the loop for updates on events

J-Lees offers free popcorn for a quick snack.

And when all options fail… there’s always Ramen!

Happy Eating!

Junior at Ramapo College studying communications. Sorority sister of Delta Phi Epsilon, Resident Assistant on campus, and an obsessed fan of the show Friends.
Angel Branco. Editor in Chief of Her Campus Ramapo.