Breaking Down The Fad: Michael Kors Watches

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ramapo chapter.

The hit trend this season happens to be those infamous Michael Kors watches gleaming around campus. Whether you prefer the gold, rose gold, or plain silver, you’re sure to see your fav somewhere here at Ramapo. Let’s face it, during the holidays we’ve all seen one-too-many Instagram or Facebook pictures showcasing these beautifully embellished watches given to girls by their loved ones.

What people really don’t know about the watches is that they are actually just Fossil watches with the Michael Kors name on it! …That’s right! Fossil actually makes the watches for Michael Kors, as well as some other companies, such as Emporio Armani, Marc by Marc Jacobs, and Burberry. Fossil simply puts different company names on their watches and ships them to be sold at higher prices!

Now the big question here is; are these watches worth all the money? You can buy Fossil watches at an average price of $125, while an average price of a Michael Kors watch is around $225! That is almost double the original price! Ladies, if you didn’t know, now you know! So before you think about splurging on that pretty little rose gold Michael Kors watch you’ve been eyeing, remember that one day you might have student loans to pay off and you can save a ton of money by just buying the Fossil watch that looks practically identical! 

Hey Guys!! My name is Elina and I'm the Co-Founder and Editor-in-Chief of the Ramapo Chapter here at Her Campus :)Right now, I'm a senior studying journalism at Ramapo College. My dream is to work in the field of entertainment news-- either through broadcasting or magazine journalism. Right now, I'm interning at Elvis Duran and the Morning Show and I am obsessed!!! I can only hope to continue on this road, and until then I'll be doing whatever I can to make that possible. Though I'm only a half-hour from school, I live on campus and wouldn't have it any other way. If I need some fam-time I'm close enough of a drive where it's not a hassle, and far enough where I have my space. I live with pledge sisters-- I'm a member of Sigma Delta Tau here at Ramapo. These girls are my LIFE!I hope you have as much fun reading our Her Campus chapter as we've had making it possible each week. HAPPY READING!! XOXOXFollow me for more:Twitter: @ElinaTarkInstagram: @Ella__XO (two underscores)