Alex and Ani: Your Two New Best Friends

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ramapo chapter.

Growing up, so many girls were obsessed with super crazy, colorful bangles; this new trend reminds us that we shouldn’t rush to grow out of that phase too quickly! Alex and Ani produces American-made jewelry that the company’s website describes as “eco-friendly, positive energy products that adorn the body, enlighten the mind and empower the spirit.” The piece that seems to be making the biggest statement around Ramapo lately is the super-customizable charm bangle, available in Russian Gold and Russian Silver finishes. These beautiful bracelets consist of a thin band with a single charm hanging off. The best part? There are so many charms to choose from, so everyone can find their perfect statement piece!

The charms come in a huge variety, and the Alex and Ani website gives you options to search under occasion (think: birthday, Mother’s day), collection (such as sorority and initials), type (for those of us who prefer a beaded bracelet to a charm bracelet), and of course, symbol. The symbols are each charms that come on the bracelets, and they range from anchor, to mermaid, to pineapple, along with everything else in between. These bracelets come with a card, describing what the charm on your bracelet symbolizes. Additionally, the majority of the jewelry ranges from $25 to $50, so they are perfect to either give as a gift to a friend, or to just simply treat yourself to something special!

Wear a single one of these bracelets to add a trendy touch to any outfit, or stack a bunch on to make a statement. Either way, you can always depend on these pieces of jewelry to really show the world your personality.

Hey Guys!! My name is Elina and I'm the Co-Founder and Editor-in-Chief of the Ramapo Chapter here at Her Campus :)Right now, I'm a senior studying journalism at Ramapo College. My dream is to work in the field of entertainment news-- either through broadcasting or magazine journalism. Right now, I'm interning at Elvis Duran and the Morning Show and I am obsessed!!! I can only hope to continue on this road, and until then I'll be doing whatever I can to make that possible. Though I'm only a half-hour from school, I live on campus and wouldn't have it any other way. If I need some fam-time I'm close enough of a drive where it's not a hassle, and far enough where I have my space. I live with pledge sisters-- I'm a member of Sigma Delta Tau here at Ramapo. These girls are my LIFE!I hope you have as much fun reading our Her Campus chapter as we've had making it possible each week. HAPPY READING!! XOXOXFollow me for more:Twitter: @ElinaTarkInstagram: @Ella__XO (two underscores)