Why I Love Online Shopping

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Quinnipiac chapter.

I love shopping in general, but one of my great loves in life is online shopping.  It could almost be considered a hobby.  Something about online retail is just so therapeutic. Here are a few reasons why I am consumed by online shopping:

1.  I’m lazy.

What’s better than having every blouse and pair of jeans right there at the tips of your fingers?  With the click of a button, I’m in my favorite store (Forever 21), and I have everything that store sells right there on the screen.  I don’t have to get dressed or even get out of bed.  The fact that I can be a lazy bum and shop just makes me so happy.

2.  It’s retail therapy.

Again, there is something therapeutic about mindlessly scrolling through pages upon pages of knit sweaters and patterned leggings.  Just like some people play a sport or play video games or go to the gym to relieve stress, I online shop to relax.

3.  There is no pressure.

Another reason I love online shopping is that there are no sales associates babysitting me while I shop.  I get that it’s their job to promote items in the store and cater to the customers’ needs, but it’s also nice to be able to look through as many lotions and eye shadow palettes as I’d like without someone constantly coming up to me.

4.  I’m just having fun.

I’m not sure if everyone else does this, but sometimes when I go online to shop, I don’t even have the intentions of purchasing anything.  I just bounce from sweaters to dresses to accessories and keep adding stuff to my cart.  Of course, by the end of this shopping escapade, there’s way more than I could ever afford in my cart, but I did have fun pretending I could actually buy all of this stuff, and that’s all that matters for me.

5.  I’ll have something to anticipate.

Some might see the shipping time in online shopping as a drawback because you actually have to wait for about a week or so for your purchases to arrive (unless you want to pay $25 for one-day shipping).  But I kind of like the anticipation.  For the next week, I have something to look forward to and by the time it finally gets there, I’m like a kid on Christmas, ripping open the package to see my new belongings.

Although there is something about shopping in an actual mall that no computer can replace, online shopping does hold a special place in my heart.  And now I know I’ve gotten you all in the mood to go to your favorite stores’ websites.  Go forth and shop!

Hi, I'm Savanna! I'm a junior at Quinnipiac University. I am working towards major is Graphic Design with a minor in Journalism. I have always loved to create, read and write and and am looking forward to implementing all those things in HerCampus!
I am an undergraduate journalism major at Quinnipiac University. I love reading, writing, shopping, studying fashion, working hard, playing hard, and learning new things. I entertain interests in women’s issues and enjoy writing about all things interesting, beautiful, and humorous. Follow my blog at http://melissasirois.tumblr.com to see more of my work!