Where Were The Puppies?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Quinnipiac chapter.

After watching Super Bowl 50, I felt there was something missing. Game…check…Beyoncé…check…good commercials? Ehh. What topped my disappointment toward the commercials had to be the fact that there was a lack of adorableness. For the past two years, Budweiser created commercials for their #BestBuds ad campaign, which included adorable puppies and the iconic Clydesdale horses. If you don’t remember them I will gladly refresh your memory; it doesn’t hurt to see those cute puppies all over again:

2014 and…

2015

Although these commercials have been hugely successful for the past two years, I believe Budweiser just didn’t feel the need to make a puppy inspired ad this year because it had nothing to do with beer. Honestly I couldn’t care less about Budweiser’s beer, but those adorable commercials have stuck with me ever since they came out. Here’s what Budweiser traded puppies for this year:

Wasn’t it enough, Budweiser, that you had an awesome commercial filled with puppies, horses, and a cute farmer guy? I was looking forward to the latest installment of the #BestBuds campaign, but I guess that glimmer of hope has fizzled out. Hopefully Budweiser realizes the big mistake they made and they bring back the adorableness. For now I guess all we can do is hope that they get it right next year. 

Drew Iorillo

Quinnipiac

Drew Iorillo is a current student at Quinnipiac University. She is a Cali-Country girl with a love for music and animals. Her likes include watching Netflix, Pinterest, and talking about her favorite TV hotties. Eventually Drew wants to be a talent agent and a photographer on the side. Stay in touch with her blog about new artists ontheryes.wordpress.com, and on her Pinterest (jnkgirl).
Caisse Davis

Quinnipiac

Hi, Collegiettes! My name is Caisse. I'm a senior journalism major at Quinnipiac University, just looking to prove my writing other than in a sea of girls in Lily and boys in pastel colored button-ups. Feel free to check out my articles, as well as my personal blog! http://caissedavis.wordpress.com