This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Quinnipiac chapter.

Victoria Johnson has always been fond of hair and beauty; she even has her own YouTube channel where she shows her love of all things beauty. I have been lucky to know Victoria since we were freshmen and now she is a full time graduate student. Read on to learn more about the lovely Victoria Johnson; our first campus celebrity of the semester!

How and when did you get interested in makeup?

·  Makeup has always interested me. I was the child who would try and wear lipstick to school without my mother knowing and my teachers would call home asking if they knew what I was doing. I think my interest really took of in 10th grade when I discovered the beauty community on YouTube. Since then I’ve learned so much and have definitely improved my technique and expanded my makeup collection.

You make your own YouTube videos- how do you have time to balance school work and your social life as well?

· This year I’m a full time grad student and I’m also interning 35 hours a week at a company in Downtown New Haven. My school work is not as demanding as it has been the last few years, but my schedule is still full of commitments. I honestly just force myself to make time. I don’t really go out before Friday, so when I have nothing else to do, I sit down and film. Editing takes so long, but that’s a lot easier to do so I prioritize the actual filming. I’m trying to come up with a good filming schedule so I’m being consistent with my channel, so hopefully I can set one up soon!

What advice do you have for girls who want to make their own YouTube videos?

· My advice for people who want to start a channel is to be consistent, try to produce the highest quality content, and to be yourself. People will know if you’re trying too hard and the people who you want as followers should be watching because they like your personality.

What are your top three favorite makeup brands?

· My top three favorite high-end brands are MAC, Urban Decay, and NARS. Top three drugstore brands are Maybelline, NYX, and Rimmel.

What makeup products are always in your makeup bag?

· I usually have a dozen or so lip products in my purse… But when I travel, 3 things I always make sure I have are eye shadow primer, a cheek highlighter, and mascara.

What’s your favorite part about makeup?

· A lot of people think makeup is used for looking pretty and covering up what you don’t like about your face. I think there is so much more to it than that. Makeup is a form of artistic self-expression. It enhances your features and can make you feel more confident. Also, there are no real rules to makeup (I mean, as long as you’re blending your eye shadow and your foundation matches your face)! It should always be fun. If it isn’t, you’re taking it way too seriously.

Be sure to Check out Victoria’s YouTube channel!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtVyAN6nx8034glg5eYZFVg

Do you know of any campus celebrities at QU?! Let us know on Twitter by tweeting us @hercampusqu

Senior at Quinnipiac. I love traveling, shopping, Lake George, family, friends, my two dogs, glitter, and elephants :) Feel free to follow me on Pinterest, as well as Instagram and Twitter @annienoordsy
Kacey LaBar

Quinnipiac

A Jersey Girl at heart with big city dreams! I'm a senior at Quinnipiac University. I love writing about celebrities, trends, music & movies!