Trend Tracker: Transitioning to Spring

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Quinnipiac chapter.

Let the countdown begin, collegiettes!  Spring break is less than two weeks away, which means it’s time to start gearing up for a glorious, long-awaited wardrobe change.  It’s almost time to put your snow boots at the back of your closets, and the back of your minds, dig out your favorite pair of sunglasses, and dust off your boat shoes.  Finally, we can shed the bulky layers that have kept us warm all winter.

Transitioning from puffy jackets and heavy peacoats to a lighter fare of outerwear can sometimes be tricky, especially if you’re driven by an interest in how your entire outfit looks.  (Windbreakers are sporty chic, but what do you wear when you’re not going to the gym?).  To help, here’s a list of my favorite denim jacket options from three of the most accessible retailers in the nation.  Keep your eyes peeled!  Some of them are available for a steal.

Old Navy

From left to right:

1) White Denim Jacket in Bright White, $30

2) Cropped Denim Jacket in Medium Weight, $30

3) Railroad Stripe Denim Blazer, $34 (originally $40!)

Forever 21

From left to right:

1) Ripped Denim Jacket, $33

2) Statement-Making Denim Jacket, $28 (originally $40!)

3) Forever Cool Denim Jacket, $35

4) Life in Progress Denim Remixed Hoodie, $33

5) Life in Progress Acid Wash Jacket, $40

Gap

From left to right:

1) Denim Jacket in Jericho Wash, $70

2) Drop Pocket Denim Jacket in Rosewood Wash, $28 (originally $70!)

3) Denim Moto Jacket, $36 (originally $90!)

4) Dip Dye Denim Jacket, $32 (originally $80!)

5) Tie Dye Cropped Denim Jacket, $70

With such a vast variety of denim options, you’re bound to find the perfect lightweight cover-up for easy, breezy days on campus.  And while most of the jackets you see here are daytime options, darker washes for nighttime festivities are just as easy to find.  (Think black denim with leather sleeves.  Fierce!)

Show us how you’re planning on wearing your denim this upcoming spring on Twitter or Instagram @hercampusqu.  And if you know someone who is rocking this trend, let us know by nominating him or her to be featured in our Style Blog!

I am an undergraduate journalism major at Quinnipiac University. I love reading, writing, shopping, studying fashion, working hard, playing hard, and learning new things. I entertain interests in women’s issues and enjoy writing about all things interesting, beautiful, and humorous. Follow my blog at http://melissasirois.tumblr.com to see more of my work!