Top 5 Things to Love About Fall

I know that we don’t want to give up on summer quite yet but get over your summer blues because fall is the best season ever and here’s five reasons why:

1. Pumpkin EVERYTHING! Sometimes I feel like the fall season is defined by when Starbucks starts advertising their pumpkin spice lattes. During this lovely season you can find virtually anything pumpkin flavored,from coffee to car air fresheners and even pumpkin pie liquor !Get your Yankee candles ready because fall is here!

2. Apple picking. A day trip to your local apple orchard is a MUST for fall. Not only are the orchards themselves instagram worthy but the apples are delicious this time of year. Eat the apples plain, with peanut butter (my favorite!) or make your own caramel apples. I love apple picking with my friends every year it is definitely a fun day trip.

3. Fallen leaves. Another instagram worthy trait of fall, the changing colors of the leaves are my favorite part of the season. This time of year is the PERFECT opportunity to hike the sleeping giant, it’s not too hot and not too cold, and the views are breath taking. We are very lucky to be in the northeast during this time of year as we have some of the best foliage around!

4. Cool Crisp days. Fall is the perfect weather not only for our hair but for our wardrobes as well. It is time again to wear comfy sweaters, circle scarfs, and leggings. Yes, leggings the college girls essential wardrobe piece (I think I have 10 pairs). Although I love wearing my bikini there is nothing like a big sweater, comfy leggings, fuzzy socks, and a venti pumpkin spice latte to make a perfect fall day. Don’t you agree?

5. Football. Now I know what you’re thinking… Seriously?!? Football?
 Yes, although we may not know what is going on in the sport (I don’t) but with fall brings the start of the Football season. If it’s NFL, your little brothers high school games, or our crazy QU football tail gates on Saturdays (not), It’s always fun to make a few game day snacks and talk about the weekend with your room mates!

Happy Fall y’all!

Callie Barkley is the Campus Correspondent and a contributing writer for Quinnipiac University. At Quinnipiac, which is located in Callie's home state of Connecticut, she studies Public Relations with a minor in Computer Information Systems and will be graduating in 2014. Callie's writing interests are related to healthy eating, working out, and surviving the intern/job world. When Callie is not focused on her work she loves to spend time with her friends and family, travel, and will take up any offer to have a little fun!