Style File: Kiana Orozco

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Quinnipiac chapter.

Name: Kiana Orozco

Year: Junior

Major: Health Science

Hobbies: I like to do hair, sing and listen to music, shop, have fun and laugh.

Tell us about your outfit.

The shirt was from Target and it was loose-fitting, simple and cute, so I knew it would go with multiple things, and I would use it often.  My pants are from Forever 21, and I just saw them and knew they were for me.  My flats are from Rainbow.  They were cute, simple flats at a really good price.

What is your favorite place to shop, and what do you normally buy?

I usually go to Forever 21, but I also go to Wetseal, Rue 21, H&M, and Charlotte Russe.  I usually buy whatever catches my attention, mostly tops or dresses.  I usually go for neutral colors like tans, blacks, army greens, burgundy, and whites.  I like to get statement pieces that can be used in multiple ways.

Which trends are you currently loving?

I love oversized cardigans and knitted sweaters because you can easily throw them over anything and it will look cute.  I’m also really into tribal and aztec prints.  Jogger pants are my favorite because they are so comfortable and look cute.  Combat boots come in handy, as well, because they literally go with anything.  I absolutely love dark lipstick because it gives your outfit the finishing touch.

Which trends do you want to go away?

Trends that I would love to go away would have to be leggings with crazy prints on them because they are too busy and usually not pleasing to the eye.  Also sneaker heels are the worst; I feel like they are not classy.  If you want to wear heels that’s cool, but find some cute ones.

Who is your style icon?

I would say Kreyshwan because she is not afraid to stand out.  She can take an old, raggedy shirt and make it look new and edgy.

Describe your style in three words.

Edgy, versatile, and rebellious.

Who or what was the inspiration for your outfit today?

I tried to go for an edgy Afrocentric look.

Any fashion advice for others?

Don’t be afraid to try new things and go with your first instinct and do not to forget to accessorize and pick the right shoe.

My name is Tori Batiste and I am a current junior at Quinnipiac University studying Film and Women's Studies. I am a Texas native and cant wait for life to bring more happiness and joy. I enjoy anything that can spark my imagination and that challenges me. I have so much to share with the world that I just cant help but express myself.
I am an undergraduate journalism major at Quinnipiac University. I love reading, writing, shopping, studying fashion, working hard, playing hard, and learning new things. I entertain interests in women’s issues and enjoy writing about all things interesting, beautiful, and humorous. Follow my blog at http://melissasirois.tumblr.com to see more of my work!