Step, Stomp, Strut into the Snow and Sleet

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Quinnipiac chapter.

Our beloved autumn and early winter air has suddenly turned bitter cold, subjecting us Collegiettes to bubble coats, woven hats, mittens and scarves. The time has come to whip out and stock up on warm yet stylish footwear!

From January through March, weather can be brutal (especially in Connecticut)! The rain is much colder, the snow is heavy and the sleet is messy. Doing away with everyday shoes like sneakers, trainers and leather boots can be a dreadful feeling as these are our go-tos, but fear not! The stylish footwear to accommodate the winter season can be just as fun and fashionable as fall.

Hunter Boots, my personal favorites, are great for rain and sleet. They come in multiple colors, heights and styles. The rubbery material and insulated sole make for the perfect rain and sleet shoe!

My next go-tos are Timberlands. For a more urban and rustic look, Timberlands are great for snow days. They are breathable, insulated and have a classic and timeless look. The shoe, made majorly for combating the outdoors has been around since 1918.

For an edgy urban look, Doc Martens are great for sleet days or even days where the sun shines, but snow is on the ground from a previous storm. They are versatile, classic and edgy enough to spice up a casual ensemble that are most common in the winter months.

What are some of your favorite footwear during the cold months? Tweet us @hercampusqu! 

Instagram: @AaliayahIvy NYC 18 year old Aspiring fashion journlaist, stylist and professional style blogger. 
Caisse Davis

Quinnipiac

Hi, Collegiettes! My name is Caisse. I'm a senior journalism major at Quinnipiac University, just looking to prove my writing other than in a sea of girls in Lily and boys in pastel colored button-ups. Feel free to check out my articles, as well as my personal blog! http://caissedavis.wordpress.com