kaizen nguy n jcLcWL8D7AQ unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
kaizen nguy n jcLcWL8D7AQ unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

The Season of Music Tours

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Quinnipiac chapter.

To us collegiates winter is a season for hot chocolate, movie nights, and snow days. However, the winter season is also when most music artist make huge announcements about new albums and their upcoming tours! Here are some the most anticipated tours happening in the spring, summer, and fall of 2017!

Lady Gaga ‘Joanne’ World Tour:

After Lady Gaga’s flawless Superbowl performance she took to Twitter to announce her world tour named after her fourth studio album Joanne. This will be Gaga’s first headlining tour as solo artist since 2014. The Joanne World Tour will kick-off in August in the city of Vancouver and will come to close in December of this year. You can bet that this tour will include all your favorite Gaga songs ranging from “Poker Face” to “Million Reasons”!

Chance The Rapper Spring Tour:

Fresh off his Grammy wins for Best New Artist, Best Rap Performance, and Best Rap Album, Chance The Rapper announced that he is headlining a spring tour via Instagram. The tour will begin in California in mid April and end in mid June, but his official last date of the tour will take place in none other than Los Angeles in the fall of 2017.  Be sure to check out his newest album Coloring Book that was released as streaming only album.

Sam Hunt 15 In A 30 Tour:

In January the Country music singer announced he would be headlining his very own 29-date tour with special guest Maren Morris, Chris Janson, and Ryan Follies.  Hunt has already released two singles, “Drinkin’ Too Much” and “Body Like A Back Road,” from his forthcoming album. The 15 In A 30 Tour will kickoff in June and wrap in country music city in mid September.

The Weeknd Starboy: Legend of the Fall Tour:

The Canadian singer’s world tour is named after his third studio album and hit song, both of which went number one. The Weeknd has teased that the tour would feature stunning visuals and a new way of seating concertgoers. The tour has already started overseas and it was recently announced on Instagram that Rae Sremmurd, 6LACK, and Belly would be joining the North American leg of the tour, which is set to begin in April. 

The Chainsmokers Memories: Do Not Open Tour:

With hit songs such as “Closer”, “Paris,” and “Don’t Let Me Down” as well as recently signing a three-year exclusive residency in Las Vegas, its no wonder The Chainsmokers are headlining their own tour this spring. Not only can you expect an awesome tour from them and special guest Kiiara and Emily Warren, but they also announced that they will be releasing their first full-length album.  We can’t wait to see all the new production when the tour begins in April!

Are planning on attending any of these tours or tours that weren’t mentioned? Let us know by tagging us on social media with your answer!  

Kacey LaBar

Quinnipiac

A Jersey Girl at heart with big city dreams! I'm a senior at Quinnipiac University. I love writing about celebrities, trends, music & movies!