Putting an End to Violence With Kindness

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Quinnipiac chapter.

Recently Quinnipiac’s Panhellenic community was visited by the founders of the Kind Campaign. Molly and Lauren two confident women represent all that they want for girls growing up: confidence, no insecurities, and true, loyal friends. Girls can be vicious, evil, and hurtful growing up and what is the cause of this? Nothing.

Molly and Lauren started the Kind Campaign to end all that happens in “the girl world.” Through their Kind Campaign they traveled around the country visiting girls in over 60 schools teaching them about kindness and the effects of every type of bullying on girls. Their goal is to stop the bullying which results in thoughts of suicide in these young girls.

Molly and Lauren found that in every state and every city all the girls deal with the same violence and bullying and all the girls are hurt just the same. Some deeper than others, but everyone had a different story even the young girls’ mothers. Girl on girl bullying affects everyone from elementary girls to housewives.
At the Finding Kind Campaign the ladies of the Panhellenic community had the chance to view the Kind Campaign documentary, participate in hands on activities, and share their opinions about the documentary as well as how they will be kinder in the future. Although a tear jerker, the Kind Campaign was very touching and a great eye opener for those girls who have bullied at some point in their lives or those who have been bullied. Girl on girl bullying can stop by the effort of one thing, kindness.

To learn more about the Kind Campaign visit http://www.kindcampaign.com/ and like the Kind Campaign on Facebook.

Callie Barkley is the Campus Correspondent and a contributing writer for Quinnipiac University. At Quinnipiac, which is located in Callie's home state of Connecticut, she studies Public Relations with a minor in Computer Information Systems and will be graduating in 2014. Callie's writing interests are related to healthy eating, working out, and surviving the intern/job world. When Callie is not focused on her work she loves to spend time with her friends and family, travel, and will take up any offer to have a little fun!