Movies That Will Turn Your Bad Day Around

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Quinnipiac chapter.

There are always those days on campus when you just don’t feel like yourself, or just a night when you and your roomies prefer to stay in and watch a movie. If the weather has you feeling blue and you’re wishing it was still summer (I know I am!), and you need a little pick-me-up, here’s a list of “go to” movies that will brighten your mood that I swear by. The fact that these movies are quoteable, memorable, hilarious and not serious at all makes these the perfect contenders for a Friday night in with your roommates! Here are my faves!

Easy A: Emma Stone is absolutely loveable in this one – and the fact that almost every word that comes out of her mouth is comic genius is a bonus too! “There’s a higher power that will judge you for your indecency” .. “Tom Cruise?”

The Proposal: The movie that made us all believe that Ryan Reynolds and Sandra Bullock were meant to be together – and seriously, who can forget her tribal dance in the forest with Betty White shouting “to the windooooooows, to the walllllssss!”

Bridesmaids: Perhaps THE greatest movie of 2011, and easily the most quoteable. My roommate Maggie and I reference this movie 24/7, and blame it on the fact that we’re Communications majors. “Stove?! What kind of name is stove.. are you an appliance?!!”

White Chicks: The Wayan Brothers mastered this classic – I don’t think we can ever listen to “A Thousand Miles” by Vanessa Carlton and not think of this movie, or help it when we’re having a “BF”.

Crazy Stupid Love: If you’re looking for a little something to remind you that there is a thing called love,you can always rely on this one to make you feel good/horrible about your life. And seeing Ryan Gosling shirtless is always a plus, and Emma Stone says it – “it’s like you’re photoshopped!”

Mean Girls: What list is complete without Regina George and the plastics? Probably Lindsay Lohan’s claim to fame – no matter what, there’s always an appropriate time to quote Mean Girls – “you can’t sit with us!”

So do it, take that Saturday night off from Toads, put on pajamas, make some popcorn and some hot chocolate and stay in and watch these with your roomies! Your feet (and your liver) will thank you later!

Callie Barkley is the Campus Correspondent and a contributing writer for Quinnipiac University. At Quinnipiac, which is located in Callie's home state of Connecticut, she studies Public Relations with a minor in Computer Information Systems and will be graduating in 2014. Callie's writing interests are related to healthy eating, working out, and surviving the intern/job world. When Callie is not focused on her work she loves to spend time with her friends and family, travel, and will take up any offer to have a little fun!