The Lowdown on How to Get Away with Murder (the TV show!)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Quinnipiac chapter.

I’m sure you’re wondering what all the buzz is about ABC’s new show, How to Get Away with Murder.  As the title suggests, the plot centers around a mysterious murder that we have yet to understand.  There are constant flashbacks throughout every episode that give you a glimpse of what happened the night of the murder.  However, that is just one small part of the show; the rest deals with different court cases and other story lines.

As a viewer, you are constantly trying to put the pieces together and figure out what exactly happened and what is going to happen.  Without spoiling it, I’m going to tell you why this show is an absolute must-see.

Even if you’re not intrigued by law, the drama and suspense are reason enough to tune in every Thursday night.  The five main characters are all intelligent law students, each with very different personalities.  You’ve got the shy, morally correct Laurel; the kind underdog, Wes; the conniving pretty boy, Connor; the know-it-all, Michaela; and the stereotypical college guy, Asher.  Add the powerful and brilliant Annalise Keating as well as her ruthless team and you’ve got an extremely entertaining cast jam-packed with talent.

Not only does the legal drama series draw you in, but it also gets you thinking.  The characters are all relatable and the show touches upon modern, realistic topics like adultery, gay relationships and race.  While Annalise and her two partners, Frank and Bonnie, appear to be stone cold and invincible, you soon find out they each have their own weaknesses.  In addition to some grave, intense scenes, there is also a lot of humor.

In my opinion, How to Get Away with Murder is one of the best shows currently on TV, and I highly suggest you hurry up and go watch it!

I am a student at Quinnipiac University and an aspiring magazine writer/editor.
I am an undergraduate journalism major at Quinnipiac University. I love reading, writing, shopping, studying fashion, working hard, playing hard, and learning new things. I entertain interests in women’s issues and enjoy writing about all things interesting, beautiful, and humorous. Follow my blog at http://melissasirois.tumblr.com to see more of my work!