Look Your Best This Summer- Naturally!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Quinnipiac chapter.

With only 2 weeks of late nights at the library standing in the way of summer, it is way too easy to daydream about how you’ll pamper yourself for the best beach body with your upcoming free time. Aside from pedicures, long runs, and perfectly tanned skin, Livestrong.com shows us there are other all-natural, easy ways you can look extra beautiful during the sunniest time of the year.

Longer eye lashes

Although mascara is everyone’s first stop for longer lashes, it won’t exactly be attractive to have black streaks running down your cheeks when you hit the ocean with the boys. Instead, skip mascara altogether by using Vitamin E Oil to actually help grow your lashes to their fullest potential. After thoroughly removing all eye makeup, dip a clean mascara brush into a bottle of Vitamin E oil, and generously apply it to your eyelashes to be left on overnight. Make sure to wash well the next morning to avoid oily residue around your eyes, and enjoy noticeably longer eyelashes in about 4 to 6 weeks right when beach season will roll around.

Clearer skin

Too many sweaty hours of playing beach volleyball in the sun is likely to cause breakouts when, and not to mention where, we want them the least. Believe it or not, one of the easiest ways to have blemish-free, beautiful skin is by sipping on lemon water throughout your day. Lemons are rich in Vitamin C, which helps our bodies flush out toxins that often result in the pimples we love to hate. Get into the habit of squeezing half of a fresh lemon into a 16-ounce bottle of water first thing in the morning, again at lunch, and once before bed. You will be on your way to having clearer summertime skin without the need to cover up with concealer.

Whiter teeth

It’s no secret that sun-kissed skin makes our teeth appear to be whiter, but why wait to be tan to have a big, bright smile? Create a guaranteed whitening paste by combining 2 tablespoons of hydrogen peroxide with 1 tablespoon of baking soda into a bowl. Apply the paste to your toothbrush and brush for a solid minute 2 to 3 times per week. Once you’re satisfied with the results, keep up with it once every 7 to 10 days. However, be careful not to overdo it; you don’t want your teeth to practically glow in the dark during late night hangouts with friends!

Shinier Hair

Humidity, chlorine, and saltwater can be a girl’s three archenemies when it comes to healthy-looking hair during the summer. Lucky for us, apple cider vinegar is known to make hair voluminous and straight-out-of-the-salon shiny if it is used properly. Mix 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar into 1 cup of water and stir well. After shampooing and conditioning, pour the mix over your head and comb your fingers through your hair before rinsing thoroughly. Keep in mind to NEVER use Apple Cider Vinegar 2 consecutive days in a row because the vinegar can become too powerful for your hair. Otherwise, prepare to be the girl with the bounciest beach waves around.

Softer Skin

For extra soft skin after a day of tanning, you may want to exfoliate the layer of dead skin and suntan lotion we just can’t seem to avoid. Take the time to make your own exfoliant a few times per week out of ingredients you probably already have in your kitchen. Mix 1 cup each of ground coffee beans, brown sugar, olive oil, and sea salt, and squeeze a lime or add a few drops of perfume for a pretty scent. Scrub the mix with considerable pressure onto your skin with either your hands or a loofa so your body has never looked so smooth. You’ll definitely feel a little sexier knowing your skin feels amazing and smells delicious.

Hi I'm Marisa. I'm from Westchester, New York and I'm 21 years old. I am studying Public Relations at Quinnipiac University and I love running, baking, and shopping.