Leo Wins an Oscar

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Quinnipiac chapter.

The day has finally arrived. America has been waiting, Leo has been waiting and the day is finally here. Leo… yes, THE Leonardo DiCaprio has finally won an Oscar! After five previous nominations, the Academy committee has seen the error of their ways and have done something right after of all these years. Let us all take a moment to bask in the glory that is Leo’s magnificent film career (and of course his cuteness). 

1. What’s Eating Gilbert Grape (1993)

It’s little Leo! How could you deny that face an Oscar?

2. Romeo and Juliet (1996)

He could be my Romeo any day.

3. Titanic (1997)

Rose, how could you not make room for this hottie?

4. Catch Me If You Can (2002)

One day I’ll catch you.

5. The Aviator (2004) 

Yet another Oscar worthy performance; Leo was ROBBED!

6. Blood Diamond (2006)

The third time is a charm, right? No? Well, the Academy should’ve listened to this universal speech. 

7. Revolutionary Road (2008)

He is honestly like wine… just keeps getting better with age.

8. Shutter Island (2010)

I shutter myself every time I look at him. How is he so perfect?

9. Inception (2010)

If only Leo was really there in my dreams.

10. Django Unchained (2012)

Look at his southern swag.

11. The Great Gatsby (2013)

I could turn into a beautiful little fool just looking into those eyes.

12. The Wolf of Wall Street (2013)

How I feel every time I look at Leo.

13. The Revenant (2015)

Winner, winner! YESSSSS! Even after being mauled by a bear, he still looks perfect.

After almost 23 long years, it has happened. LEO FINALLY GETS THE RECOGNITION HE DESERVES!

Let us all say goodbye to the cruel yet hilarious Leo memes. Congrats, Leo and here’s to you. 

Drew Iorillo

Quinnipiac

Drew Iorillo is a current student at Quinnipiac University. She is a Cali-Country girl with a love for music and animals. Her likes include watching Netflix, Pinterest, and talking about her favorite TV hotties. Eventually Drew wants to be a talent agent and a photographer on the side. Stay in touch with her blog about new artists ontheryes.wordpress.com, and on her Pinterest (jnkgirl).
Caisse Davis

Quinnipiac

Hi, Collegiettes! My name is Caisse. I'm a senior journalism major at Quinnipiac University, just looking to prove my writing other than in a sea of girls in Lily and boys in pastel colored button-ups. Feel free to check out my articles, as well as my personal blog! http://caissedavis.wordpress.com