Just the Little Things: No Shave November

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Quinnipiac chapter.

So it’s a little over a week into November and you can already see it.

We all know what I’m talking about.

It’s the scruffy, caveman, almost homeless look; it’s the boys participating in what is referred to as “No Shave November”. 

You see a friend one day and hope that the next time you run into him, he’ll have shaved. But nay, day after day, the beard remains – and your trust in choosing friends slowly wavers. You know why? It’s because no one wants to be seen in a public setting with someone who looks like they could nest animals in their facial hair.

Although girls can’t help but fall for a guy who can successfully pull off facial hair, a mustache is the kind of look that 1) never should exist to begin with, and 2) look cliché, filthy, and sketchy.

Though most boys believe they can be the exception and look great in a full, mid-November mustache, that is hardly ever the case.

Unless you can manage your facial hair to look remotely like Ryan Gosling 

Or Zac Efron, 

….you probably shouldn’t be participating in “No Shave November” because you might end up looking like a shaggy dog. And, as far as my knowledge goes: no one really wants to kiss a shaggy dog—yet another thing boys might considering keeping in mind this month.

But, I must say, even though the mustaches might look a bit dirty, if a guy can maintain a great beard, chinstrap, or goatee, then all the power to ’em! If boys can keep it classy for November without shaving… That’s great. And if not…. well… then I guess we’re all in for an interesting month on campus, right?

And since this article is about not wanting to shave—whether out of laziness or lack of free time is nobody’s business but your own—it almost requires a shout out to any girl who wants to participate In “No Shave November” too.

Having said all this, I leave you all with a reminder that no one has the right to dictate what you do with your body, except yourself.

To each their own and Happy “No Shave November,” Collegiettes!

Tara O'Neill

Quinnipiac

Sophomore. Print Journalism major. The whole point of this blog is satire and sarcasm. You really can't take me too seriously on here... I'm just trying to introduce everyone to a new perspective on things.