From the iPhone to the NoPhone

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Quinnipiac chapter.

Addicted to your phone?  Need a break from the digital world but feeling a little anxious about being out of touch?  Then, NoPhone may be a nice technology-free alternative.  What began as a joke about “no phone” anxiety is now a product that introduces the idea that our society depends on cell phones too much.

The NoPhone is physically built like an iPhone but does not have the ability to send texts, make calls, take pictures, send emails, or anything else we find entertaining about our phones.  The NoPhone does not require a battery or a phone plan, either.  The purpose of this item is to acknowledge society’s dependence on phones.  Creators of this device want people to live presently in the world around them instead of relying on their phones as a replacement for social interaction.

Carrying around the NoPhone  may help to eliminate the anxiety of not having your phone on you.  When you pull out the NoPhone, you are automatically reminded you no longer have access to your actual phone.  This, in turn, tones down your reliance on your real phone, and it also serves as a reminder to stay in tune with what is around you.

The NoPhone has been featured on ABC News, CNBC, The Washington Post and a variety of other media outlets.

What do you think about the NoPhone, collegiettes?  Will it actually stop you from being glued to your phone or will it flop?  Let us know what you think in the comment section below!

My name is Tori Batiste and I am a current junior at Quinnipiac University studying Film and Women's Studies. I am a Texas native and cant wait for life to bring more happiness and joy. I enjoy anything that can spark my imagination and that challenges me. I have so much to share with the world that I just cant help but express myself.
I am an undergraduate journalism major at Quinnipiac University. I love reading, writing, shopping, studying fashion, working hard, playing hard, and learning new things. I entertain interests in women’s issues and enjoy writing about all things interesting, beautiful, and humorous. Follow my blog at http://melissasirois.tumblr.com to see more of my work!