Ilya Spektor

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Quinnipiac chapter.

Name: Ilya Spektor

Age: 21

Major: Marketing (Minor in Economics)

Hometown: Nanuet, NY

Relationship status: Single

Describe your perfect girl: I like to be open-minded, plus nobody is perfect; so there is no perfect girl. However, I find intelligence attractive and I can definitely get along with someone who has a healthy love for adventure. Also, who doesn’t like a good sense of humor in a person?

If you could go back in time, what time period would you choose and why?

If time travel was a thing I would set the dial to the future. Despite what some people think, we live in a golden age and it’s going to get even better. I would prefer experiencing walking in a world where is no cancer, people zoom around in electric cars and control the TV with their minds rather than have to worry about catching tuberculosis in the 1800’s.

Favorite Food: Any of my mom’s cooking.

Describe yourself in three words: cereal, tornado, ambition

Fun Fact: I grew up in Russia and speak Russian fluently.

Any Advice for QU girls? I see a lot QU girls go to great lengths to get a tan. To those girls I’d like to say – not every guy out there is a fan of the artificial tan look – and yes, its easy to tell you were not born that dark and orange. Please don’t throw away your money and time on tanning salons. If you feel that you have to risk your health and well being to impress guys then you have you have the whole game figured out wrong. If you do it to fit in with the rest of the girls you are basically making yourself stand out less at a school where there is already 1.7 females to every guy. Do things that you like for the right reasons – meaning they make you or those around you genuinely better, and the guys will come. There are a lot of guys out there who might be too shy to talk to you at a night club in new haven or when you’re drunk at a party. Find something that you enjoy doing and you’ll meet tons of nice guys in the process.

Callie Barkley is the Campus Correspondent and a contributing writer for Quinnipiac University. At Quinnipiac, which is located in Callie's home state of Connecticut, she studies Public Relations with a minor in Computer Information Systems and will be graduating in 2014. Callie's writing interests are related to healthy eating, working out, and surviving the intern/job world. When Callie is not focused on her work she loves to spend time with her friends and family, travel, and will take up any offer to have a little fun!